Florida-West Coast

Davis Island Garden Club

Hello Knotties,

I think my fiance and I have made our most important decision...our wedding location. 
I think I've looked everywhere in the Tampa area for an "outdoor rustic wedding".... I loved Cross Creek Ranch, but it was way out of our budget.  We'd like to avoid the distance of Lange and Barrington, so we tried looking closer to home.  We visited the Keel and Curley Winery as well as our neighbors backyard...but tents are sooooo expensive! 
So, what I'm asking for is your expertise in weddings... is there any place I'm leaving out?
For those of you who have visited Davis Island, do you like the blank canvas? Could you see a "rustic chic" outdoor reception?
And if any of you have been to Davis Island for a wedding, what was your experience?

Sorry for the rambling, but this is one of the most important decisions we will make.
Thank you in advance for all your help!
Heather

Re: Davis Island Garden Club

• I love Davis Island and I think you could pull off any vision you have in there
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I went to a spring rustic-ish wedding there and it was beautiful!! the ceremony was by the gazebo by the water, the dinner on the lawn and the dancing under the outdoor covered area. They spruced it up, with a tight budget, buy having cusions and throw pillows on the benchs under the covered area, twinkle lights, etc. it was gorgeous.

i would have mine there but i felt like i'd be copying her since we have very similar taste and a lot of the same guests! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the DJ was outside under the covered area, nothing was inside, except of course the bathroom which they had the privacy screens (but not Chinese themed of course!) kinda of making a walk way so it was decorated, but not too costly, since nothing was inside it would have been bare without something.
    here is the link to her photographers facebook page, and her  album james and chantel. Let me know if it doesnt work. her photographer was Ashley brooke photography.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150170145842676.301435.129384032675
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • have you looked at Ybor Garden Musuem?  Their outside garden is beautiful and you bring in all your own vendors and alcohol
  • Eisel2Be thank you so much! Beautiful pictures.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards