Not Engaged Yet

TGIF!! FINALLY!

Hoorah!

What are you weekend plans?

What's your favorite thing about Friday?

Re: TGIF!! FINALLY!

• babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GRADUATION TOMORROW!!!! (and moving home)

Fridays mean date nights and lots of wedding planning.

• edited December 2011
    Wow....it's Friday?  Man..I'm SO messed up this week!  But yes, thank freakin goodness it's Friday because I'm tired of being by myself during the day while FI is at work!!

This weekend.. FI says he's taking me out on a "date" tonight and then tommorrow we're going to go hang out with some of his friends - boil crawfish (Wow..that's when you know you're in La!) and drink a few cold ones and probably end up staying the night there since they live a couple hours away.  Sunday I imagine we will be recooping!
  • edited December 2011
    What are YOU doing this weekend kat?
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to see the band that is playing at our wedding tonight. Possibly to a friends farm tomorrow. Bed shopping on Sunday.

What I like about Friday is that I don't have to work tomorrow!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Loopy - My fellow country music fan. FI and I are making our music play list and are trying to decide which country songs are good to dance to. What are you having played??

Have fun on your hawwwt date Jeter!! Sounds like a blast!

We're looking at our apt. one more time and then signing! WOOT! An old friend is in town this weekend. I'm hoping to explore those new veil options this weekend too. I finally found an inspiration hair photo that I'm pumped about! (thanks to ekath!)
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited about our date night - I need a good night out after this week! 

YAY!  I'm excited for you to be signing your lease this weekend and even more excited about your possible veil ideas!  I'd better see pics!
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES! I'm hoping they'll let me take pics! FI and I are in serious need of buying some furniture and I can't wait to pick out paint colors!

How is your unpacking going??
  • edited December 2011
    Unpacking is going okay.... We have a REALLY small place so I decided to leave most things boxed up.  We're really wanting to try and stay here in this rental for a couple years so that we can save up as much money as possible for a house or condo.  I'll be happy when I finally have more space and am able to really unpack and decorate our own place; but until then we'll sacrafice and be happy with what we've got!
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Jeter, I love the displace bride and deep breaths buttons! :) Glad you guys are getting some time to focus on each other after your stressful week.

Kat -- congrats on the lease! Since high school I've never lived anywhere I could paint walls, so I'm vicariously excited about your decor planning. :)

Friday is actually my least favorite day of the week -- I have to be up about 3 hours earlier than I do the rest of the week after working late the night before, PLUS I work Tues-Sat, so my weekend doesn't actually start Saturday evening.

But the paper for my invites should be arriving today, so I'm excited for that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Phillies/Met's game tonight :)
    Wedding tomorrow (BF's cousin)
    Catching up with friends Sunday morning with a coffee date

I always wake up happier on Friday, knowing the work week will be over in 8 hours!

Good luck all with the packing/unpacking, shopping, decorating and getting settled in!
  • edited December 2011
    Jeter, what a great weekend.  It will be great to meet some more people down there. 

Kat, I cannot wait to see what you do with your apartment. 

Tonight, usual friday date night - make dinner together, take the dogs for a long walk, cuddle and watch a dvd (very upset that we finished Madmen Season 3)

Tomorrow - investigate a better path to get down to the lake with the mutts (last weekend was kind of tricky,) and then we are finalizing Mr. Man's registries. 
    Saturday night is a VIP event for Big Brothers, Big Sisters for a friend's birthday. 

DH usually gets home from work before 5 on Fridays. 
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a590d7a-abc3-4288-a090-ec8d556486a1Post:190cb81e-c701-45f7-8314-97a7994fe798">Re: TGIF!! FINALLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Loopy - My fellow country music fan. FI and I are making our music play list and are trying to decide which country songs are good to dance to. What are you having played?? Posted by katanne9[/QUOTE]

Ooopps.. I'm not doing a good job of paying attention today.

I love love love Kenny Chesney so there is definitely going to be some of him. The band is in the process of learning some Zac Brown Band - which I am also totally thrilled about!

Garth Brooks - 1) becasue he is just awesome 2) The lead singer also regularly does Garth Brooks shows (The World According to Garth) - I especially love Friends in Low Places.

Trailor Choir - Rockin the Beer Gut

Hank Williams Jr. - Family Tradition

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Fishin in the Dark - Love this song/ line dance. I thought about making the whole WP learn the line dance and making them do it during the reception. I think it would be awesome! I think the male part of the WP would hate me!

All Summer Long - Kid Rock

Mud on the Tires - Brad Paisly

Johnny Cash - whatever by him

I am still developing my list. The band travels with a DJ so whatever the bad can play great. What they can't we'll have the DJ play.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a590d7a-abc3-4288-a090-ec8d556486a1Post:c3671bb0-0897-468c-b674-4057ee622da5">Re: TGIF!! FINALLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Unpacking is going okay.... We have a REALLY small place so I decided to leave most things boxed up.  We're really wanting to try and stay here in this rental for a couple years so that we can save up as much money as possible for a house or condo.  I'll be happy when I finally have more space and am able to really unpack and decorate our own place; but until then we'll sacrafice and be happy with what we've got!
    Posted by Soon2BMrsJeter[/QUOTE]

I wish you the best of luck with this! FI owns a townhouse and we have more than outgrown it. I am thinking if we don't move soon we might start fighting a lot. There is no room at all to put anything. There is zero, and I mean zero storage space. We have a storage locker rented full of stuff. I moved into his house and he had it full of his stuff. So when you bring another person's stuff to a house that is already full it gets real cramped real fast. He hates clutter. so when he sees a pile of stuff somewhere he wants it put away. Well you are the one who bought a house with no closets where the heck do you want it to go???

So good luck!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    Tonight we're going to dinner with friends.  Then drinks at our place & cards.  Tomorrow we'll see how it goes.  Sunday morning I'm working and Sunday afternoon is date day!

The week is over 4 hours early...I have every friday afternoon off!!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a590d7a-abc3-4288-a090-ec8d556486a1Post:20a9d8ea-3787-4f6f-96b4-703be280f85c">Re: TGIF!! FINALLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE] What's your favorite thing about Friday? The week is over 4 hours early...I have every friday afternoon off!!
    Posted by PaigeMcC[/QUOTE]

I am supremely jealous over this!!
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    edited December 2011
    It's AMAZING! It means I work Sunday morning for 2 hrs but I'm okay with it

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm.... Hearing that I think I would prefer to do my Friday and get a full 2 days off without having to think about work at all. Seeing as though I haven't done your schedule its hard to say. I do like having a maximum number of days away from work as possible though.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_tgif-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1a590d7a-abc3-4288-a090-ec8d556486a1Post:6f57b408-a0e9-4575-a6ac-fa515fc9b1fa">Re: TGIF!! FINALLY!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Trailor Choir - Rockin the Beer Gut Posted by loopy82[/QUOTE]

I have had this stuck in my head all week!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Its a catchy little tune isn't it?
    edited December 2011
    LOOPY AND KAT I'll ahve some more country songs for you in a little.... I'm kicking/ checking residents out ( YAY I can't wait to get a good nights sleep) so that I can leave at a decent hour after Grad tomorrow.
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Sweet! I'm excited!
    edited December 2011
    Don't take the Girl by Tim McGraw

Then by Brad Paisley

everything by Micheal Buble

Chatahoochee by Alan Jackson

Close enough to Perfect by alabama

I'm raiding itunes, will have more later (gotta pack now)
  • jgcohnjgcohn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo, everyone seems to have some fun weekend plans!! I hope you all have a blast =)

Tomorrow, my cousin's son is having his 3rd bday party and I am so excited to go!  Then I'll spend the afternoon with the bf and go out to dinner.  He has his last college final tomorrow and then he is done with college!  On Saturday, I'm going wine tasting with the bf, my roomie and her practically bf.  I can't wait!!!

My favorite thing about THIS Friday is that I had 5 students absent today (that's the best news a teacher can get on a Friday!).  Normal Fridays I just enjoy relaxing with a movie for the evening! Something very chill.
  • StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh! i missed you all today! I ACTUALLY HAD TO WORK! :-(  Or at least, not be on my computer because there were other teachers around, haha.
    Weekend plans - BIG -- driving to kansas city tomorrow.  Sunday I have meetings with: venue, church and photographer.  My mother and grandma are coming down from Nebraska to go with me.  then FI is coming in town after work on Sunday and on Monday he and I are going to the venue and church (and hopefully paying deposits and setting a date!!!!) and then have meetings with photographer option #2 and a florist.  whew... lots! And I'm so excited!
    Oh, and I get to try on my dress that my mom has had in Nebraska since it came in earlier this month. eek!
    Laundry night....
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards