Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

candy or popcorn buffets

Where are you getting your candy and/or popcorn?  Anyone doing a dessert buffet with all of the above?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: candy or popcorn buffets

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a popcorn buffet.  The venue popped the popcorn, so I don't know where that came from.  I bought different shaker-type seasonings from the grocery store (white cheddar, nacho, ranch, garlic and parm, etc) and then I made a few of my own (chocolate, sugar, salt, nacho, etc).  I put them all in labelled spice jars.  I also got little popcorn bags from the Dollar Tree.  It went over really well and the guests went through several bowls of popcorn. 

I liked the idea of popcorn over candy because it helped soak up some of the alcohol.  Plus, popcorn is rediculously cheap.

PIB
  • mnmellomnmello member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a popcorn buffet and hiring Lasting Impressions by Amy to do it for us. She handles it all - money well spent! She orders the (gourmet flavored) popcorn from vendors, sets it all up with her materials/equipment and monitors it all night. Then tears down and bags up the extra for us. It's one of the most exciting parts of the wedding for us!
    DD placed in open adoption 2/2007
    Married since 5/2010
    TTC since 10/2012
    My Ovulation Chart
  • edited December 2011
    I'm doing a candy buffet - there are a few links in my bio for candy companies (under "How May I help you?"

mnmello - is this Lasting Impressions the same one that does DOC? (she's our DOC, so if she can do buffet's that would be AWESOME!!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a popcorn buffet and are just renting the machine from Midway Party rental as well as the prepackaged packages of popcorn. Then our DOC will handle it to make sure there is always popcorn. I think rental and the cost of popcorn to feed 200 people with more than one serving a person was less than $100

We then made paper cones for people to eat the popcorn out of - you can see pics in my bio under DIY and some more info under the Other Elements section.
  • mnmellomnmello member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    TriSaratops10 - That's probably her...Amy Maranda is her name. I'm not completely sure if she does DOCing but I wouldn't doubt it! The company originally did ceiling/table draping and then she started doing candy buffets. We really enjoyed meeting with her and am so excited to have her handling the popcorn buffet for us.
    DD placed in open adoption 2/2007
    Married since 5/2010
    TTC since 10/2012
    My Ovulation Chart
  • sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a candy buffett.  We can bring on our own candy (try telling the site vendor it is your favor--that is how we got to do ours) so we ordered the things we liked best from bulk candy sites online.  Used a bunch of sites and saved loads of money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards