Flowers

affordable flowers on V-day weekend...

Hello all;)

I will be getting married on February 12, 2011. I would like to have a bouquet and some sort of floral  table arrangements at the reception. I realize that flowers are typically more expensive during Valentine's season, but any recommendations for flowers that mat be affordable despite the holiday?? I have a budget of less than $1,000 for flowers and I am in desperate need  of ideas. I was told carnations may be a good idea. Or maybe submerged flowers for the tables, since less flowers are required.

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Re: affordable flowers on V-day weekend...

• mleeanne04mleeanne04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check with a big box store like Costco or Sam's club.  They have affordable packages but you can't customize it to your needs.  Also, check with the florist in your local grocery store.  They may be able to accomodate you and your budget.

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting ours from flowersandfreshness.com and fiftyflowers.com 

I think that the price (on those sites) on valentine's day only goes up for red roses, but I could be remembering wrong. 

This should fit in your budget if you choose the type of flower wisely (ie carnations cost less than cala lillies)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for your insight ladies;)
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call some local florists and ask them - they know what is available in your area around V-Day.  If you are not opposed to ordering your flowers online, check out Bridesign.com - they have all kinds of flowers and they ship directly to you.  I am considering using them and most of their sets are under $1000 for everything needed at a ceremony/reception.

Best of Luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards