Ohio-Toledo

rehearsal dinner suggestions please!

we are looking for someplace for about 25-30 people. someplace fun and inexpensive! thanks girls!!!

Re: rehearsal dinner suggestions please!

• edited December 2011
    Tony Packo's?  I don't know pricing, but I assume it wouldn't be too expensive.
  • edited December 2011
    If you can rent a room somewhere, lots of restaurants have fairly inexpensive catering.  You can often find their catering menus online if you are interested in prices.

We had a room at the Monclova Community Center, I am sure the rental was under $100 and MIL got some back if the room was put back together perfectly.   I am sure there are lots of places with rooms like this you could use that are close to your location.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shelly&joshshelly&josh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking too. I was thinking maybe El Camino?
  • edited December 2011
    Is there a certain side of town you are looking for?
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My only advice is to keep the rehearsal dinner simple and low-key.  Don't invite more people than what is necessary.  Parents, wedding party, and their dates are the only people that need to be included IMO.  This also makes the actual rehearsal much more productive.

We did everything at my MIL's house... BBQ food and the actual wedding run-through in the garage.  We all wore sweatshirts and jeans.  Easy-peasy.  Most importantly, I didn't have to stress over it which was the last thing I needed in the days leading to the wedding.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bevaleebevalee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of having mine at Bravo!
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing ours at the Blarney Bullpen.  We are having City BBQ cater it though.  I wouldn't say the Bullpen is cheap though.  Without alcohol, we are spending about $2,000 on the RD.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • amw213amw213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

we looked into el camino, the require a party of 40 or more, it was $10 a preson, we really liked that idea but dont have quit enough guests. also we are having our ceremony at schedel gardens  in elmore and they are allowing us to use there indoor facility for rehearsal dinner for 2 hours. which is very nice of them and i think we might end up going that route, but i was just wanting something more layed back.... thanks for all the suggestions!!

• rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Kelly, we had our Christmas party at the Blarney Bullpen! It was very nice, but definitely not cheap.

For our RD, we are using a oonference room at the hotel we have a block at.  There are grills just outside the room, and we are grilling up meats and veggies for fajiats and having a Mexican themed dinner.  It's going to be low key and cheap!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehersal at Rosie's Italian Grille on McCord... We had my wedding shower at The Grape Leaf... Both were very reasonable and we had our private area/room!!

If you are looking for more fun/inexpensive I would look into Pizza Popalis downtown... They had a great package -- we tried getting reservations but they were already booked...
  • bluebird615bluebird615 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing our rehearsal dinner at the zoo in the polar bear exhibit. For 20 people, we are doing a buffett with a 2 hour open bar for $1,000. We thought it was worth it because of the open bar! We get to choose 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 starches and 1 dessert.
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_rehearsal-dinner-suggestions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:72e2792a-93ea-4b17-9dd4-7f19db5616acPost:6a758038-39fe-4e2e-b94e-213ccdc44fd4">Re: rehearsal dinner suggestions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing our rehearsal dinner at the zoo in the polar bear exhibit. For 20 people, we are doing a buffett with a 2 hour open bar for $1,000. We thought it was worth it because of the open bar! We get to choose 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 starches and 1 dessert.
    Posted by bluebird615[/QUOTE]

<div>This sounds amazing!! So jealous! Let me know if you need an extra bridesmaid :) I will gladly step in! hehe</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha! I'll keep you in mind, rak123! :)

I think my fiance is more excited than I am about the rehearsal dinner. He brought a little notebook to ask questions and asked her if we could put the polar bears in tuxedos. I just kind of shook my head! It was pretty funny though.
  • rak123rak123 member
    edited December 2011
    LOL about the polar bears, that is funny! Your rehearsal is going to be great! 
  • edited December 2011
    Fat Fish Blue in Perrysburg is a fun place too.  I don't know pricing off hand, but if you call and ask for Nadia, she'd be able to fill you in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • edited December 2011
    I second Fat Fish Blue...so fun!  And Nagoya has a private room as well.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fat Fish could be really fun. I suggested the place to a co-worker for her boyfriend's birthday and she said it was awesome. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards