New York-New York City

Reasonable priced photographers/videographers

Hey ladies,

Can anyone recommend reasonable (budget-friendly) photographers and videographers in the NYC area?

Thanks in advance
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reasonable priced photographers/videographers

• moyajenechkamoyajenechka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try to look into Julian Ribinik - http://www.julianribinik.com
    They made an amazing photography and video work for us.
    And also, they make you very comfortable and keep very low profile.
    Good price as well, we paid just $2200 for all day photography and 1500 for the video.

Cheers!
  • edited December 2011
    For video, I HIGHLY recommend 15 Minutes of Frame. I thought he was super reasonably priced (2500 for full day coverage, a 3 minute edited highlight film, AND a 20-25 minute fully edited film of the entire day). And he was wonderful to work with!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the recommendations
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For photography, I highly recommend JC Event Photography - http://jceventphotography.com/

She did an incredible job at our wedding/rehearsal dinner/bachelorette party, and she's quite budget friendly. Jena's packages run about $1000 to $2000.

Personally, for video we had a couple Super 8 savvy friends shoot for us, I'd guess we spent $350 on Super 8, processing and digital transferring, and then husband edited the digital film files on our computer. But he's already a Super 8 guru, so that route takes some preexisting equipment, expertise and personal labor, though the end result was beautiful and totally unique.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I have some reasonably priced packages, and I'm willing to plan custom packages.  Contact me and we can discuss further.

• annemarie341annemarie341 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love how this VENDOR replied to this thread right above me.  You are only hurting yoursenf by advertising on these boards.  If you did not see the memo about this being a vendor free zone, then please do your research. 

Annnywayyss.....Searching for photogs is so fun!  We were tied between Julian Ribinik and AJH Photography for ours.  We decided to go with AJH.  You can check out his site at www.ajhweddings.com. Good luck and happy hunting!   
  • edited December 2011
    Photo - nasilele photography - full rights, all day coverage, engagement shoot, we loved her! Video- your cinematic wedding studio - 10 hours, highlight, and final movie was about an hour. Both were fantastic, had great personalities, and did beautiful work.
  • edited December 2011
    Two things Ashleigh.

1. Vendors cannot post on these boards.
    2. Your work absolutely sucks. Before you waste brides time I suggest you learn a little about photography. I mean your "main" image is some girls cheek with an Obama earing? You can obviously see you blasted a flash right in her face. You can't use flash on a black person. The reflections are too harsh.
  • A & KA & K member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I recommend you NB PHOTO and Video, if you wanna enjoy your wedding, not warrying about that and have beautiful memories after the wedding.
     They are very strict and use proffessional cameras. We used NB PHOTO and VIDEO for our wedding and we were very much satisfied by their services.
    The celebration went on longer than we payed for their services, but they kept on working, not like others. I've seen walking away and ruing your Big day. They not only stayed longer, but didn't charge us any extra.

Their website is: http://www.nbphotovideo.com

Enjoy

A
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_reasonable-priced-photographersvideographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:204351bd-899a-466e-8159-bc8303ad7104Post:b15ca1eb-87da-4b6a-9f78-44147da8cc6a">Re: Reasonable priced photographers/videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Two things Ashleigh. 1. Vendors cannot post on these boards. 2. Your work absolutely sucks. Before you waste brides time I suggest you learn a little about photography. I mean your "main" image is some girls cheek with an Obama earing? You can obviously see you blasted a flash right in her face. You can't use flash on a black person. The reflections are too harsh.
    Posted by Josephine0716[/QUOTE]
    I agree that should not post here as it's against the rules.  But your comments are just mean.<div>
    </div><div>I also find it strange that you seem to be following this poster and posting this message over and over again.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    Just because she is promoting herself in every photography post and it pisses me off. Yes, it is mean what I said but that doesn't mean it's not true.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_reasonable-priced-photographersvideographers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:204351bd-899a-466e-8159-bc8303ad7104Post:e267ef28-17a5-4bba-9b30-5060ab29f14e">Re: Reasonable priced photographers/videographers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just because she is promoting herself in every photography post and it pisses me off. Yes, it is mean what I said but that doesn't mean it's not true.
    Posted by Josephine0716[/QUOTE]
    That's why we have  report button.  So, posters like her will have their posts deleted.  Slinging insults just seems petty to me.  <div>
    </div><div>I've reported her post btw.  It is indeed inappropriate.  </div>
  • edited December 2011
    I have to chime in and mention the work of Alexis Stein Photography...easily found on Google. Their rates are reasonable. I should know, I have booked them for my wedding and so have several friends. They offer photo/video/photo booth options.

Tell them Karen and Arnold sent you. That may help you out a bit.
  • edited December 2011
    so much fun to look at all of their websites.  has anyone heard of Punam Bean?
  • anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Punam Bean is awesome. I follow her blog and she seems really sweet. You should also check out Astami Photos. Anywho, her site is www.astamiphotos.com. She photographed my wedding. Love her!
  • edited December 2011
    CHeck out our photographer http://www.theredsweatshirt.com Red Sweatshirt photography. We are really happy with their package. He customized the top package and substituted some things for us.

Good Luck!
    Just Married Photo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards