Florida-North Florida

Rehersal Dinner - Jax!

Hi Ladies:
Could you please give me some recommendations for places to do a rehersal dinner for about 22 in the Jacksonville/Orange Park FL area. I'm trying to get some information together for my FMIL.
TIA!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Rehersal Dinner - Jax!

• edited December 2011
    We're having ours downtown at the River City Brewing Company.  It's all seemed very nice, and their food is delicious.  It's also a Jacksonville restaurant, so our travelling guests will get something new.  We almost chose Maggiano's, though.  They had a lot of awesome options and have a great back room.  And it's at the Town Center, which is really centrally located (as well as close to 9A and JTB for quick travel to anywhere in Jax, almost).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • edited December 2011
    CS - I've been considering them, we actually looked into them for our reception. I'll check into Maggiano's as well, I love Town Center :) - We're they pretty reasonably priced (Maggiano's)? Thanks for the suggestions!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't remember exactly the prices, but I'm pretty sure they were pretty comparable to River City, or maybe a little bit more expensive.  I'm thinking the average was around $35-40pp.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • Kris092988Kris092988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my mother in law swears by the Hilltop in OP.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ill check them out. I'm just trying to keep it as budget friendly for her as possible. Esp since my FSIL is getting married 2 months after us. We don't want a huge ordeal created over us.
  • baileykmbaileykm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up having our rehearsal dinner at the Courtyard Marriott on wells road by 17. Our first plan was to have it at a restaurant called Rockin Rodz, which ended up shutting down about a month before our wedding. The Courtyard is where all of our guests were staying, and was really conveniently located to Club Continental. The hotel was great about working with us in a short time schedule, and were so relaxed about letting us hang out in the room all night. I was a little bummed at first, but looking back it was much better than our first plan. The food was delicious and our guests were at ease knowing they wouldn't have to drive back to a hotel in an unknown city. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks I'll look into that. I just blocked off hotels at the Hilton Garden Inn, but if its that close than maybe I'll give them a call as well. I apprecaite it. :)
  • ejoyce8ejoyce8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our RD at Maggiano's----it was wonderful!
    Anniversary bethandanthony.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    The Club Continental is undoubtably the top knotch next to River City Brewing Company.  But where price meets quality is at The Hilltop Club.  We're having our rehersal dinner there on a Thursday and then our reception there the following night.  They had no minimums and they've got options for space.  We tried the Chart House, but the lady working the banquets there at the time was rude in her emails to us...and that's when she bothered answering them.  The Manager there, Adam, was really great to meet with, but between the prices and her, we went back to the Hilltop!  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards