Honeymoon Discussions

Quebec?

MH and I are thinking about going away for our 6 month anniversary. We were originally thinking of going away some where tropical but decided against it. We are now considering Quebec. We heard that it is very pet friendly so we are looking to bring our dog along and spend a few days skiing. Any feedback you may have or recommendations for places to stay would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Quebec?

• I've been to Mont Tremblant many times. It's a really nice little resort village. Be careful when you go though. I used to go with my college ski club around the end of January, and it was packed with college kids! We stayed at country inn and suites in Mont Tremblant but I don't think it was dog friendly. I don' t know which hotels in the village are, but it also might be cheaper to find out just outside and take the bus.

HTH!
    Anniversary
  • Definitely depending on the time of year, it can be packed with uni students... and given that the drinking age in Quebec is 18, it can be a hot mess! A lot tend to go during reading week which is usually the 2nd-3rd week of February. Tremblant is a very cute resort town though... if you're looking for somewhere a bit more tranquil, check out Chelsea - it's close to Vorlage skiing, and there's another hill my high school ski club used to visit around there. I don't know about the pet friendly situation though.
  • I don't know which part of Quebec you're wanting to go to, but I went to Montreal four years ago and stayed downtown at Novotel.  The rooms were really nice, it was very accessible to pretty much everything, and the pain au chocolat at breakfast is amazing :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Quebec is beautiful! I've driven through the whole province. Definitely go!

There are a lot of cool places to go- Mount Tremblant is one. It's famous for skiing, so it's a bit more ski chalet/outdoors-y style.

Montreal is a lot of fun to go to. Active night life, friendly people. It's very English, compared to the rest of Quebec which is very French.

Quebec City is my favourite by far- very historic and romantic. Le Chateau Frontenac is fabulous, if you have a chance to stay there for even just a night do it! At least tour it. It's a beautiful old hotel.

Keep in mind if you go any further East past Quebec City, Quebec is very french. Some more rural areas either can't or won't speak English if that's a concern for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards