New York-New York City

Premarital Counseling

FI and I would really like to have a few sessions, but I have no idea where to start when it comes to finding a counselor. I've googled, but there are so many links that lead to weird programs that I assume are rip-offs. It's hard to distinguish what's legit and what's not.

Anyone have a recommendation or source that I can find someone through? We definitely want to do one on one with someone, not a group session. This just seems like too important a decision to randomly choose someone off google.

Thanks!
Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED

Re: Premarital Counseling

• edited December 2011
    Have you booked with an officiant yet?  I think it would be a great idea to go through whoever is marrying you.  It's an opportunity for your officiant to learn about you two.  Most officiants do offer this service.
  • edited December 2011
    Sadly, mine does not. Although your post made me think to try asking her if she could point us toward someone. Thanks!
  • cyc0102cyc0102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am attending the Marriage Prep Course at Calvary - St Georges and was told that it will start in mid-April. It's a series of five sessions on a 1 session per week basis.

Let me know if you want the contact information.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_premarital-counseling?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:4b02060e-d889-46f5-a3d4-700120dea200Post:65a44a71-f801-4ef3-b7bb-da09ef041ec5">Re: Premarital Counseling</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am attending the Marriage Prep Course at Calvary - St Georges and was told that it will start in mid-April. It's a series of five sessions on a 1 session per week basis. Let me know if you want the contact information.
    Posted by cyc0102[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I will definitely look into this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards