June 2013 Weddings

IDEA!!! lol

I think we should get a FB group started! That way even after the weddings we can all still be connected! I thought it was a good idea. I know that the Christian Weddings board has one, so I mean, it's not like we are outcasts or anything lol. Oh sssdee....? lol :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: IDEA!!! lol

• Haha that's not a bad idea. Especially since I'm sure we are all going to get close after the joys and trials of the upcoming year. 

And seriously...do you guys realize how quickly time is flying by! Eek! Feels like just the other day I had 560 days to go. 444 now! Whoop! (yes. I just whooped and yes, I made the same noise out loud and scared the hell out of my dogs.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I know! I keep a journal and last night I was looking in it and I read about FI and I's FIRST FLIPPIN DATE! I almost cried my eyes out. lol oh the first time he kissed me. It was like a mini soap opera I swear lol. I couldn't believe how quickly it has went by. It seems like yesterday I met him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    LOL You guys crack me up!

I'm all for a FB group BUTTTT I do need to remind every about online safety! (I've seen some crazy stuff happen on another board with a FB group - Stolen photos and crazy drama!) I don't want to be Debbie Downer here but I just want others to be aware that even though we have a great bunch of people here, it is a public avenue for people to access you and your ish!

I don't mind starting one and making it a private group and having people request invites with their screen name so I know only our members are in it and only we can see it. If multiple posters want the group I can have it set up and ready to go as of tonight/tomorrow or we can wait a bit and revist the idea in a couple months.

And again, I'd like to stress that there is no pressure to join or anything!

In order to keep your privacy I would recommend the following:

1) Change your privacy settings to reflect only friends being able to view your profile so 'strangers' can't go through your personal stuff (If you care)

2) Be careful with who you friend - Accept friend requests because you want to. Don't feel obligated to accept a friend request to be 'nice'.  (Personally, I would only friend people if I felt comfortable with them knowing more personal details about me and whatnot)

3) Don't post personal information (Ie. Email address, Home address, etc etc) There are ways to message people - Via TK or FB Msgs if you are passing along that info.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
  • I agree completely, we could also hold off a few months and see how we feel then. There is no reason to rush into a separate page when for now the June 2013 board works just as well as anything on FB. 

Besides, that'll give us more time to get to know each other.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I completely agree. I just thought it would be a nice way after the weddings to stay in touch and be able to view each other wedding pics, etc. easier. June 2013 is awhile away so there plenty of time to do this. I figured I would mention it, because if I didn't I would completely forget the idea lol. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_idea-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:472fef56-ddcf-40d4-ab0d-9c232d030176Post:fda56195-12a4-46ce-91ee-cd42c50b9c22">Re: IDEA!!! lol</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree completely, we could also hold off a few months and see how we feel then. There is no reason to rush into a separate page when for now the June 2013 board works just as well as anything on FB.  Besides, that'll give us more time to get to know each other.
    Posted by Klyn1983[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, I second what Sugar said - I think a FB group would be a great way for us to KIT post-wedding. I don't know how much time I'll be spending on TK after my wedding, ya know?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_idea-lol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:472fef56-ddcf-40d4-ab0d-9c232d030176Post:e54e07e3-f02d-4d3a-a6ee-f687a494f41a">Re: IDEA!!! lol</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think a FB group would be a great way for us to KIT post-wedding. I don't know how much time I'll be spending on TK after my wedding, ya know?
    Posted by Chels&Jimmy[/QUOTE]

This. I spend more time on FB than TK anyways and I have easier access to comment and stuff through FB than TK, but we can definately hold off a few months I think. Wait for all the newcomers that I'm sure will be joining in the next few months!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Sounds like a plan ladies =)

We'll revisit this subject in a couple months and go from there

Happy Hump Day!
    June '13 - Cake!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Books read in 2013 - 0/25
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards