Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Fresh or Silk Flowers

I am having trouble try to deciede between fresh or silk flowers for my wedding. I would love to have fresh but the are so expensive and the silk will last forever. Help

Re: Fresh or Silk Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, silk flowers can turn out to be just as expensive as fresh flowers.  My mom and I were orignally planning on doing silk flowers and having her make all of the centerpieces.  By the time we added up how much it would cost to purchase all the supplies and the time it would take, we decided to just go with real flowers.  I would just contact several different florists and gets price quotes for what you want.  And would you really want to keep all of your wedding flowers forever.  The one plus to this though, is you could always sell them after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm more of a fan of real flowers, but I understand that not all people are.

Ditto tb, however, in that GOOD silk flowers (read: the type of silk flowers that you'd want to have at your wedding) are often just as, if not more, expensive than real flowers.  If you think you would be up the task of organizing and selling them all after the wedding, you might be able to recoup some of the cost. 

• Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed with hr - they can be more expensive. I have seen some work from Katie Elfers in the last year that were actually silk since the floral that the bride wanted wasnt available. Price out your options. I think real can be fairly inexpensive if you plan it out. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We're using silk flowers. We got ours from afloral.com. I was very happy with the look and quality and they're VERY inexpensive. GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having silk flowers...well the real/natural touch grade, for our wedding. Our flowers will be done two months before the wedding. This gives us piece of mind that they are on-time for the wedding and designed to our dream/vision. We live in Cincinnati but our wedding is on Cape Cod. Our decision to go the artificial route was due to us traveling 15 hours to MA then being there a week before the wedding. I would have had them done on the Cape but prices are inflated (2 to 3 times than floral shops in Cincy). I also love the fact that they will not wilt and die. I actually still have the silk bouquet from my best friends wedding 7 years ago as a centerpiece on my dining room table.
  • Options
    jenn1981jenn1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who has her own silk floral busines if you are looking for a local vendor. She has been in the biz for over 15 years and has sold at several local shops, but just started doing weddings last year so her prices are very reasonable! If you decide to try the silk route and want her contact info you can email me! lakota99@aol.com
    Jenn & Jason
    September 27, 2008
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for everyones help. I have decided to go with fresh flowers. I went back to that new bridal shop in Mason Once Upon a Time Bridal and Florist were I ordered my cake and got all my wedding flowers for less than $800.00. They have a great flower package that includes all your wedding flowers.
    www.onceuponatimebridalandflorist.com
    You guys should check out there website. There cakes are amazing.
    I finalized our Reception hall today. Receptions Fairfield. I am so excited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards