Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Website on Formal invitation

Is it okay to put a web-site on a formal invitation?  My fiancee is making it his mission to include the information (registries and all) literally on the invitation.    Personally, I'm not comfortable with this, but thought I would put it out there for feedback.    I'm thinking it would be a little more appropriate on one of the inserts?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Website on Formal invitation

• Options
    Your wedding is a week before mine :o

have you already sent out save the dates?  Do you intend to?  If so, it's entirely appropriate to put your wedding website (if you have one) on the save the date.  Ours includes registry information. 

E-Fo would say no.  I'd have to agree.  I hear it's okay to put registry information on shower invites, but as someone who has hosted at least a dozen bridal/baby showers, I still don't like doing it.  With technology as it is, people generally google registry information... unless I'm just super stalker that way?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think putting the website address at the bottom of an invite is just fine IF it can't find a home on any of your inserts and thus has nowhere else to go.  It's 2012, everyone has a website, and it's important that people go there for info!  We're just doing invitation + reply card, so our www. is going on the invite.

Registry info is different, in my opinion.  I agree with the traditional notion that mentioning gifts (i.e., registry) in your invitation is a bit tacky.  Plus, I refuse to have the words "Bed Bath & Beyond" or "Target" de-classying my invitation set :)  Just put the registry info discreetly on your website.
  • Options
    I agree w/ casyme: I think it's fine to put your wedding website address on the bottom of your invite - but not your registry information. If you're including the website address for informative purposes and trying to make sure your guests have easy access to it, I don't see anything wrong with that :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ideally, you should put your website address on an information card insert and not on the actual invitation. The card could say something like, "For hotel accommodation suggestions, directions, and more please visit us online at

Do NOT include information about your registry anywhere within your invitation or inserts. You can include a discreet link to your registries on your website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I agree, put the website on a separate insert from the invite, and only mention the registry info on your website or on your shower invite.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards