Washington-Seattle

Venue Meeting today

OMGOSH!!!!

Fi and I met with The Edgewater House today and I totally fell in love with it. I had like stomach flippies and butterflies while we were in there and when we left I even got a lil emotional and teary eyed. I love this place and think it is definitely THE one. FI doesn't quite want to make a decision yet, he wants to try to find more beachy places first. However I think he loved it as much as me.

They can do a firework show for you at the end of the night and you can depart by Sea Plane! FI really liked that aspect. It is just truly amazing and the owner is sooo sweet and cute.

Just wanted to share that. :)

Also.....since FI wants to see more beach places, do any of you know of more places that are right on the beach? Aside from extremely PRICEY Shilshole Bay. I am going to inquire about Golden Gardens Bathhouse and I also know about Browns Point Center. Know of any others? I don't think we will find something that matches up to this place.

Also I highly reccomend viewing this place if you are at all interested. It is actually prettier in person than in the photos. The photos dont really do it justice. Thanks!

www.theedgewaterhouse.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Venue Meeting today

• edited December 2011

Sorry, it's hard for me to keep track: how many people again?  In Seattle or can you travel a bit outside of Seattle?  And what month are you looking at?

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It's cool. Our guest count is around 100-150. We do not care where it is as long as its like Seattle/Tacoma/Oly/and even a lil more north. The Edgewater House is actually down past Gig Harbor so no big deal on loc. The date is June 18th, 2011, but we actually might need to move to july, but summer anyway.
  • jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you found a place you love.  I was looking at this place online,  but never went to see it.  It just seemed too far away.  But, its very cute.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yah, It's definitely far. But totally worth it. You just have to convince your guests to drive that far. ahah. And they totally should for your wedding!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Lol, I totally thought you meant the Edgewater hotel!  Yup, the Edgewater House (previously known as You and Me by the Sea) was the only place I could think of and was going to recommend you looking into it!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    You and Me by the Sea is now their guest house. You can rent that as well for the night before or for your night of stay.
  • edited December 2011
    I just found this place online... it looks gorgeous! Did it seem pricey? I'm on a budget, of course!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    No, it is the cheapest place I have seen, aside from like community centers and parks of course. The rental fee is $2000, with a $500 refundable damage deposit. You need to provide your own caterer and you do need to rent tables and chairs but she has a company she works with for that. Often times your caterer will do linens and china for you too. If you can find the extras at a reasonable price, it's really not too bad. I am not sure what price range you are looking for, but to me $2000 seems quite inexpensive compared to other venues.
  • edited December 2011
    And, I am telling you, it is even more gorgeous in person. Totally worth seeing. It totally took my breath away.
  • edited December 2011
    There are a few other places I've seen that are a bit cheaper, but they aren't my style. We're really looking for something smaller and more intimate, but still classy. Our wedding is going to be in February, so we also want it to be indoors, but nowhere that feels like a gymnasium or hall, know what I mean? Thanks for the info! I'll be making an appointment this week, for sure!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I totally know what you mean, that's why we have steered away from community centers cuz they do have that gymnasium feel. And the community centers are the ones that are of that lower price, from what I have seen. Another perk of The Edgewater House is that that price is for the entire day. And it definitely has an extremely intimate feel. That is why I love it so much. And since you are doing Feb, you can def use the indoor for ceremony, and its gorgeous inside too. But there is a bon fire area outside so you could still do some outside stuff as long as its not raining.  You could always use some space heaters too and do a bit of furniture outside. just ideas.
  • edited December 2011
    And the owner is a very sweet woman and so far has seemed very accomadating. We were 45 minutes late to our appt because of unforeseen traffic, so I called ahead to make sure it was ok if we were late and she had no problem with it and was very understandable.
  • edited December 2011
    Just a quick update... we actualyl went and checked it out today. It really is BEAUTIFUL and perfect for what we want. You're so right :o)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Great! I am glad you liked it! I was actually back out there yesterday showing it to my mom. The road is a lil crazy. but i love that they do valet!
  • edited December 2011
    I know! So true! I can't imagine having all those cars go down that road. But the valet service is a great idea. We're having our wedding in February, so hopefully next year the weather will cooperate. Any ice or snow on the road is no good.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ooo yah, that would be no good! Luckily ours is in the summer so we should have no prob there unless some crazy act of nature happens. hah.

Well good! Crongrats that you like it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards