Ohio-Toledo

Engagement Announcements

I'm trying to get our engagement announcement in the Rossford Record. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to include in the announcement? 

Re: Engagement Announcements

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just look at other announcements for ideas.  I think they tend to include both sets of parents names, where you went to school, where you work, how you met.  You could include future wedding plans such as the place you plan to get married or the date/month/season that you are planning to get married.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I would check to see what requirements they have.  When we put our announcement in another paper, we just filled out a form with the info they asked for, then they wrote up the actual announcement.
  • edited December 2011
    Just a warning on engagement announcements... you might not want to put the exact date of the weddingg, but instead just the month.
    I guess a new trend is people breaking into people's houses (or parent's houses) on the night of their wedding because they know nobody will be home. Sounds weird but I've heard of it happening before. What a way to spoil such a great day :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto all of the pps.  Look at other announcements for inspiration, and leave specific date/time details out of it.  :)
    Congrats!
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards