Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Morning!

How was your weekend?

Did you get lots of trick or treaters?

Did you dress up?  

I'm trying to figure out where a London GTG should be on Wed.  A nestie is coming in from Sweden.  If you go on E on might know her Amoro/ Snippy.  

Re: Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  We got quite a few trick or treaters.  I put on my mini mouse bride ears and gave out candy. 

Quick update on my dad - he's out of the hospital, yay! but still not feeling that great.  Keep him in your thoughts. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

I dressed up on Sat night for a party but that was it. And I live too far off the road, and it is a main road anyways, so no trick or treaters for us.

QT- Hope your dad will feel great soon!

NCV- I know amoro.... well I know her name on here. Have fun at the GTG
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    QT, I have been thinking of him.  Get well soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  No dressing up or handing out candy for me!  I actually forgot that it was Halloween yesterday until I went to the store and saw people in costumes.

QT - I hope your dad feels better soon.

Can we see some pics of those who dressed up???
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Morning all!

I'm back to work, off crutches.  I just have my leg propped up on my trash can and still icing it.  The whole body aches are almost over with.  Just gotta figure out when my Jeep will make it to the autobody shop so me or FI can get personal items out.  I should know soon if it's totalled...

Needless to say I didn't dress up unless you count the immobilizer and crutches as a car accident victim a costume.  No trick or treaters came to my apts, they usually hit up the developments.

QT- hope your dad is on the path to recovery!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No trick or treaters as we are apartment bound.

Saturday we went to a party, and JEGs and I dressed up as a ring master and the worlds strongest man

Our friend, Bonnie, is six months pregnant, so they dressed up as Juno

..and the best costume of the night, JEGs' bestie as Daughtry

www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1648187&id=1003084690">
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Morning.

Like B2B - we live off a main road and thus don't get any trick or treaters.

Saturday a bunch of us went to Reeds for the Halloween party and had a great time. MH a few pictures will be below -

QT- YAY for out of the hospital! T&P still coming your way for the poppadukes.

I'm the pirate hooker, then behind the 30 y.o. Justin Beiber is Snooki (my FSIL and FBIL)

Me and FI dressed as Claudio Sanchez the lead singer of Coheed and Cambria - the wig didn't last too long once at Reeds.

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning. QT - keeping him in my thoughts!

How was your weekend?
    Pretty good. We finally cleaned the house, organized the wedding crap, etc. We're making progress slowly but surely.

Yes! our community has organized trick or treating. WE got a ton of kids and ran out of candy. We had to pull the pumpkin off our door with 40 minutes left to go!

Did you dress up?  
    Saturday night I did. I ended up being a vet.  Yesterday I had on my pumpkin shirt, but that was the extent of it.  While we were giving out candy, we carved pumpkins and watched Charlie Brown.

I'm e-XHAUSTED today.  My mind was racing all night and I feel like I didn't get any sleep. Hoping today goes fast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I love your costume! The Juno couple is too cute - and did JEGs bestie as Daughtry get asked for any autographs?
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    TCT-- we were hoping to bar hop so people would ask for his autograph, but we never left the house.  Bummerrrr.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea who Daughtry is, I'm starting to not get American jokes as well.  Sad story.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer and FutureMrs you both looked great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NCV- awwww you don't know who Daughtry is... he is a country singer? right guys? From American Idol right??  I don't listen to his music.

Here is our pic!!

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    QT - I'll keep up the T&P! You too, Mana.

This was the lamest Halloween (or lack thereof) on the books for me. DH and I spent the whole weekend unpacking all of my stuff and getting the condo ready to go back on the market... and no trick or treaters!!! I got candy and everything, now I'm going to full on pout.

So unless "sweaty, disheveled mess" counts as a costume, we didn't dress up. And thank GOODNESS there are no pictures of it.

Amer, love the costume! And your friends as Juno, brilliant!!!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The weekend was great. Minus always being too short.  We dog sat our puppy's "girlfriend" so he was very happy.

We had a surprising amount of trick or treaters. We ran out of candy at like 5:45pm and went and got more. Leo wore is Cookie Monster head and the kids LOVED it. They were yelling across the street "COOKIE MONSTER!!!". I really enjoyed myself.

Leo and I at our friends' party

His BM and his BM's girlfriend

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love all the costume pics!

Holy crap Amer- he does look like Daughtry! thats crazy!

We did not dress up or attend any halloween parties (womp womp) We were dog sitting my sisters dog and didn't want to leave her stranded in our new apartment.
    We had both sets of parents over for dinner saturday to see HM pics and open the rest of the wedding gifts. It was a good time.

This is my first full week back at work since wedding/HM. I'm already starring at the clock praying for 5...
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts and positive vibes to your Dad, QT.

Glad you are feeling better Mana!

How was your weekend?
    My weekend was good. Busy but it was nice!
    We hardly got any trick or treaters! We bought candy and set up a table outside with candles and we got maybe 3 groups of kids. So now I have a ton of candy left to eat haha.
    Did you dress up?
    We did dress up on Saturday for a wedding. It was so much fun! We both ended up being vampires. We looked really good considering we threw costumes together the day before! I know there are pictures of us on someones camera. I'll try to find one :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    hey girls!!! My weekend was good. Our kitchen actually looks like a kitchen now!! yay!!! I moved all of my clothes from my parents house into my house another yay! DH and I picked out flooring, countertop, and a paint color for the cabinets. So the kitchen will be our first project. I love how we finally get it functional and now we have to take everything out to redo the kitchen. It'll look really good though.

As for trick or treaters we got hardly anyone! We got 3 bags of candy and now we have sooo much left over! It's so weird, my neighborhood usually gets a lot of kids. Idk what happened.

I sort of got dressed up. I put my hair in pigtails and wore a cowboy hat to work and while handing out candy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh if he is country I wouldn't know if I was in the US so nothing lost I guess.

I never really watched American Idol, however I watch X Factor every week.  Go figure.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Doughtry is actually pretty good.  He's slow-rock-ish/country (yes, I made that up).  You may be familiar if you google his songs.

NCV - How did things go after your work received/read the resignation letter?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had minimal trick-or-treaters as well, so we also have a ton of candy left. Blah.

DH and I went to a party as Marilyn Monroe and Elvis, but the pics on his camera unfortauntely so I can't post them yet. The party was fun, but I was feeling under-the-weather most of the weekend, so I didn't drink/party much. I spent a lot of the weekend on the couch watching horror movies and drinking hot tea. My throat is still killing me.

Loving all the costume pics!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!!!
    Sarah sent me the slide show of our wedding today! Now I just have to get through the day b/c I promised DH we would wathc it together for the first time.

We didn't get a single trick or treater!!!! I now have 2 bags of candy sitting at home that I do not need to eat.

We went to our first open house yesterday!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's the photobooth strip from the wedding. FI was really into his character haha :-)

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_morning-56?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:425a20b0-661e-4704-9c87-d05314920c78Post:9ca5aef0-b606-4f15-bee6-a9e5838c5785">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's the photobooth strip from the wedding. FI was really into his character haha :-)
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

Love these! So fun!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Weekend was productive. Saturday I took my dress to get altered and then had my hair trial.

Then Saturday night I went out with some girlfriend for a bar crawl. We are planning on doing an annual bar crawl. This year would be the first and we were "nuns on the run".

I was the "Indian Nun"

Here is the group.

It is a little dark...

My one friend was a pregnant nun...AKA Sister Mary Yaz...People really thought she was prego....beer and all.

We had a bunch of trick or theaters since we live in the city. There were so many young kids with out costumes it was kind of upsetting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_morning-56?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:425a20b0-661e-4704-9c87-d05314920c78Post:9ca5aef0-b606-4f15-bee6-a9e5838c5785">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Here's the photobooth strip from the wedding. FI was really into his character haha :-)
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

thats awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards