Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Non-traditional vows?

I am considering using the vows from Tim Burton's, "The Corpse Bride," in my wedding: With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, For I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine. Is anyone else using non-traditional vows? If so, what are you using? - Brit

Re: Non-traditional vows?

• veevixxnveevixxn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that idea!
  • bitsy_pixiebitsy_pixie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty neat idea!

We are not using traditional religious vows.  We are writing our own vows it's more personal but so so hard.  I am so not good with words.

I have been searching the net and pulling lines from vows and poems that actually means something to me.  If I can't relate to it I wont use it.

Love your idea though be great for the giving of the rings.

All the best
  • kelly-seankelly-sean member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I wrote our own vows, and this is what I wrote.  He love them!

Before I met you, I never thought the guy in the goofy fur hat with the cute dog was the man that I was going to marry.  After an afternoon with you, I knew that I was going to spend the rest of my life with you.  I can’t imagine growing old with anyone else.  I can’t promise that our journey together will be perfect, but this is what I can promise you.  I promise to always be your loyal and loving companion, even if it means sleeping in a tent, on the ground, without showers for a few days here and there.  I promise to take care of you when you are sick (if you will let me), comfort you when you are sad, and laugh with you the rest of the time.  I promise to wake up each morning and love you more than I did yesterday and not as much as I will love you tomorrow.  And most of all, I am proud to be your little wifus and will give you 100% of my love and support unconditionally everyday of my life. 
  • Kel_HarryKel_Harry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww kelly-sean I love how you made everything so personal. A lot of people seem to think you just have to say a bunch of sweet, sappy stuff thats gonna make every body cry. But you incorporated things that are really special to you. I love it!
  • kducharmekducharme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    kelly sean I love your vows! You even got me to tear up a little bit! :) Weddings make me so emotional now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards