Florida-South Florida

Registry Poll

FI and I are starting to think about our registries, and was just curious as to what everyone else did. 
1. How many places did you/are you registering at?
2. Where did you register?
3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?)
4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)?
5. Favorite thing you registered for?

Re: Registry Poll

• edited December 2011
    3 places

Crate & Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, Macy's

Ehhhh can't really complain.

haha, we've been registered for about a year already and we still have a year to go.

Dyson... lame, I know.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    Lynette you're not worried about their inventory changing or anything? Do you go and update it or anything? 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to answer since we're snowed in and I'm getting bored.

1. How many places did you/are you registering at? 3
    2. Where did you register? C&B, BB&B, Macy's
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) All good but @ BB&B we were given the most help and advice. Then he left us to be on our own. Also we got free gifts through BB&B when we registered for certain items. I believe the free gifts change all the time. We also got a cute heart shaped bowl as a gift for registering from C&B.
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? We registered like 7-8 mos out.
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? I LOVE our kitchen aid food processor, crockpot, steak knives, silicone baking mat, salad spinner. I swear I use these the most.
  • edited December 2011
    Ooh. Silicone baking mats. I need to put those on my list haha. that's a really sweet list of stuff though. 
  • edited December 2011
    Taylor- I just used the baking mat 2 minutes ago! LOL I love it! I honestly did not register for it but my friend's mom got it for us and it's great. The cookies literally slid off.
  • edited December 2011
    1 maybe 2, we aren't really registering due to the fact we've lived together for 5 yrs and we have so much... we want really big things.. lol

2. Where did you register? target, linens and things (now they are closing everywhere so I'm back to scratch)
    I did it online so it was easy.

I did it awhile ago but i go on all the time and tweek it.

5. Favorite thing you registered for? I picked him his, kitchenaid pro mixer, he's wanted it since we started dating 6yrs ago. lol and i'm picking out a expresso/coffee maker i think

• twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How many places did you/are you registering at? So far just one, but we're so far out, that we'll probably add another one or two registries. 
    2. Where did you register? Target
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) So far so good, I did it online.
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? Originally, a year out, but since we moved back the date, it's now a year and 10 months out.
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? All the kitchen stuff. I can't wait to put my kitchen together.
  • edited December 2011
    Two
    Crate & Barrel and Macy's

It helped for me to look at things online first to get an idea of what to register for in the store - I found it made it less overwhelming

11 months b/c people kept asking me ... I had to re-register at c&b a few months later as a lot of items were no longer in stock

Rooma Pet Series ... I have 2 cats and it is AMAZING. It's on right now
    KitchenAid Mixer - woot woot
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Alissa - did you get your mixer yet? I got one for Christmas and I LOVE IT. It was going to be my favorite registry item. But now I need a new one :X
  • edited December 2011
    2. Where did you register?bbb,macys,and crate and barrel
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) amazing at bbb
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? 13 months
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? EVERYTHING!!!
  • edited December 2011
    1. How many places did you/are you registering at? 2
    2. Where did you register? Macy's and Williams Sonoma
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) My experience with Macy's was good. The sale's lady gave us ideas on what to register for, showed us how to use the UPC gun, and then left us to make our own selections. I created my registry at WS because they sell a lot of specialty items that you don't typically see at departments stores. I created my registry online and it was very easy.
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? We registered about 8 months out.
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? Um, I really love some of the All-Clad stuff we registered for.
    For those ladies who have registered for a KitchenAid mixer, you are going to LOVE it. I have one and it is just great. I rave so much about it that my mom made me put another one on the registry so that she can buy after the wedding with the discount that Macy's gives you-hopefully the price of it will discourage anyone from buying it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking about doing WS but I think FI would have zero interest in that lol. Did you do it by yourself? Or did FI want anything from there? 
  • edited December 2011
    Yes! I got it for my shower and I am obsessed!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    !!!!! Which one is yours?? What color is it? 
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted red but I got white - love it anyhow!!!!

5QT artisan
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    That's the one I have!! But it's silver. We're still twins!!! hahahah. Mixer twins. 
  • edited December 2011
    Eskimo,

Yes I did created our registry at WS myself. Although he did come with me to create our registry at Macy's, my FI is completely uninterested in that kind of stuff.
  • atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

two 
     BB&B and Macys
     A little over whelming but we started zapping away. The only annoying thing was Macys zapper gun kept dying on us.

6-7 mths people kept asking us.

george foreman grill and a coffee/capp. maker that FI really wants.

Now I am off to add the kitchenaide mixer. lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. How many places did you/are you registering at? Two  
    2. Where did you register? Macys & Crate & Barrel
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?)It was ok, surprisingly not as much fun as I thought it would be!
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? about four/five months out
    5. Favorite thing you registered for?China?? I REALLY wanted to register at Home Depot b/c we've lived together for two years and have just about everything we need, but had issues with our local Home Depot.  But my FMIL did say we were, so we got a few gift certificates which was awesome!! (We had bought our home a year ago)
  • edited December 2011
    2. Where did you register? Macys, Crate & Barrel, & Pottery Barn
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) I loved registering online! They have a lot of stuff you won't find in the store. I went to Crate & Barrel & was slightly overwhelmed so doing it online really helps! (Like Alissa said).
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? 9 months - just because I was dying to and read somewhere that's a good amount of time to do it.
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? my "china" - it's zebra print! :)
  • edited December 2011
    zebra print china!!!
  • jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late, but I will anser anyway....

1. How many places did you/are you registering at?  1
    2. Where did you register? Bed Bath and Beyond
    3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) At sawgrass they have a huge store and lots of the china and stuff in store, even though I am not getting that it was nice to be able to see some vases that I chose and see my flutes and cake server. They were really nice there too (although the lady kept talking and I just wanted to get started)
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? I can't remember, shortly after we got engaged, but noone has bought us anything from there yet. You can register as soon as you want, but I would make sure you check back a couple months before your wedding in case they have discontinued items that you have on there.
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? Probably the duvet and cover.
  • JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'll answer bc I'm so bored right now and registering was one of my fave parts...

1. How many places did you/are you registering at? 2
    2. Where did you register? Crate and Barrel and Bloomingdales

3. Your experience? (Anything stand out as awesome or not good?) It was a long day but it was so fun to have free range. We literally tagged everything we saw
    4. How far out did you register (or when will you if you haven't yet)? About 11 months out
    5. Favorite thing you registered for? A lot of Nambe, some vases, these awesomely huge coffee cups with matching cream and sugar thingies...sheets. Probably everything!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards