Colorado

Guest Books

HELP!  I'm looking for a 'different' guest book idea.  Our wedding is very casual sort of an elegant backyard BBQ, any ideas?

Re: Guest Books

• ssilverman25ssilverman25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our guests sign a platter.  There is a picture of our wedding cake in the middle and the date- that way we can actually display it in our house instead of our "guest book' sitting in a drawer somewhere. This probably works better for smaller weddings though. Also, I have seen people have their guests sign the matting on a picture frame.  Hope that helps.
  • latty27latty27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you could do one of those tress where guests write wishes for you on a paper cut out and hang it on the tree, those are super cute - i wish we would have done that but instead we have classic guest book (i love it too - its vera wang love knots and silver). good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Just saw the "wedding tree" idea at a wedding in southern Colorado last weekend and it was very cute.  They had three small plates with different colors of fingerpaint next to the tree painting.  Guests dipped a finger in, left their fingerprint on one of the boughs, used a baby wipe to clean their finger off, then signed and left a message with a fine point marker.  It looked fantastic by the end of the night and they'll have a really functional way of remembering the day!

Another really neat guestbook idea I've seen was done by a couple who really loved snowboarding.  They took an old snowboard, supplied some sharpies, and turned the board into their guestbook.  You can see some shots of their wedding here.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a traditional guest book but putting an "X" on every other sheet.  When the guests come in, I'm having one of the ushers take a picture of each party and I'm going to have them printed and stuck on top of the "X" next to their message!  I would've really liked to use a Polaroid like from when we were kids, but they are hard to find and expensive.

Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @Emily: Did you ask your photographer if they can provide the Polaroid equipment and film?  A lot of us have the stuff in our arsenal (and stocked up on film when they first discontinued it in 2008).
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing the signature photo mat.  It's a 16x20 mat with an 8x10 photo of us in the center.
  • jessyjanejessyjane member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I want a different guest book too. This is similar to the wishing tree idea. This is what I decided: Make custom vintage post cards on zazzle.com. Very easy and awesome website.

Then the guest write their wedding wishes for you and place them in a classic simple mailbox. I got mine a Loews. Then someone (MOH or MOB) mails them to you during your first year of marriage.

Hope you like!
  • edited December 2011

Yellow Paddle Photography offers a photo booth that allows guest to write their own message to you while standing behind the backdrop of your choice. They can include props etc..if you want them. They can also print on site allowing guests to walk away with their picture too. Here is a picture I found on line that shows what they can do (although it isn't from their company)

DIY-photobooth-wedding1.jpg

• resumaryresumary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We collect autographed movie posters, so we are making a movie poster out of one of our engagement photos and having our guests sign that to display in our home!
  • Bkseller13Bkseller13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What does everyone think about getting some small whiteboards and markers and taking people's pictures of them holding the whiteboard with their wishes on them?
  • resumaryresumary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the white board idea, it's very personalized.  I was MOH at a wedding in May where the bride made a wall with picture frames to stand behind and everyone took pictures there as the guestbook... but she also had chalk boards for people to create messages and take a picture with.  It wasn't  until an hour before the reception ended that I noticed that NO ONE had used the chalkboard, so the only pictures to include it were myself with the bridesmaids and my fiance...  make sure that it is placed where people will see it an have a few on hand so that people can create while they wait or else it may be over-looked.
  • camzay83camzay83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a mad lib guest book that I made myself and we got some REALLY funny responses, but I saw a great idea on the TV show four weddings. The couple made a wooden sign post with all the different locations that the guests came from and they each signed their own location, I thought it was really cute. Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the guest book tree paintings that use an ink pad and each guest's thumb print.  Check this one out: http://www.etsy.com/listing/53968880/family-tree-guest-book-fingerprint-tree
    I'm sure you will love it too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards