Honeymoon Discussions

Hawaii all inclusives

We are considering Hawaii for our Honeymoon. I wnated to know if you guys could recommen any all inclusive hotels? If this helps we want to snorkel, loung eon the beach possibly ride horses on the beach, & see a volcano. Thnx, any advice will help.

Re: Hawaii all inclusives

• I am not sure if there are any completely all inclusive resorts in Hawaii where everything is paid for, but Turtle Bay Resort is on Oahu near the North Shore and our TA told us that you pretty much wouldn't have to leave the resort if you didn't want to because there are restaurants and activites, etc. It looks like a nice resort online, but I have read mixed reviews about it on websites like Trip Advisor. I have read that it is a pretty resort, but a little old. You might want to read some reviews.

• I  think HI only has 1-2 high-end ones, but none like Sandles or Beaches.

One reason is it's not really needed.  HI is a place that should be explored. There are also enough food options on different price points that it really is not needed. 

A lot of the locations of your 'typical' AI resorts there is not much outside of the resort.  In general those type of vacations you never leave the resort (or only for a few hours).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • There's only one AI in Hawai'i - on the Big Island. But it's not an entire AI. Also, it's quite expensive and if you want a phone or a tv, it's not the place for you. It's for escaping entirely from civilization.

Pick up a copy of the Hawaii Revealed series of books - and for hotel/condo reviews take a look at their website: wizardpub.com

You can do those activities on many of the islands - though if you want to see an active volcano, you should go to the Big Island!
  • edited December 2009
    Here is what I've found out in my researching for a HI Honeymoon. Most hotels dont have all inclusive packages, however almost every one of them have an activities desk where you can buy the activities you want to do once you get there (horse back riding, snorkeling, and MUCH more)
    http://www.hawaii-aloha.com/html/oahu_super_saver.html this website has an all inclusive package which includes hotel, airfare, all activities and meals for close to $4000 depending on what state you are flying from. I have found its cheaper to price it seperatly but that website also has different packages (that are more expensive) the hotel in the Oahu Super Saver package looks a little small but is right on the beach. I priced my vaca seperatly and found it way cheaper then doing an all inclusive. I also found this website: http://www.hawaiiactivities.com where you can buy all your activities if you don't want to wait to get them at the hotel. I got the same activities prices at the hotel vs on this website and suprisingly the website is cheaper then the hotel in 9 out of 10 activities.
    If you have a costco membership you can check out the discounts on costco, although even some of the hotels offer flight and hotel discounts that beat costo. I found great deals on the Aston Waikiki Sunset which is a Condominium and I've heard is way better then a hotel. Airfare and hotel booked together on the hotel website is way cheaper then anywhere else and the Aston is very very nice! Booked alone or off any other website is way more expensive.

So if you want to spend all the money upfront and not worry about meals when you get there, the all inclusives are great, but you can definately do cheaper booking a lot of it seperate if you do it right. The hawaii activities website also lets you purchase meal cards if you'd rather pay for it up front, but there were some bad limitiations they had. That option came up on the Aston hotel after I went through the booking process just to see what other options it would give me. The activities also come up there too, but again I believe they are cheaper off the hawaii activities website then the hotel.

Good luck!
  • There are so many great restaurants on the islands, it would be a shame to get stuck eating at the crappier hotel ones!
  • We stayed at Kona Village on the Big Island. It was the best resort I've ever been too, and we travel alot. It is all-inclusive but pricey. You stay in a hale-which is a thatched-roof bungalow with sliding doors and a ceiling fan. This place is gorgeous and right on the beach. The price includes all meals and some beach activities, luau, mini-fridge. I am happy to share pics and more info. E-mail cmc34@case.edu

Check out www.konavillage.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards