Wedding Party

MAIDS OF HONOR

OMG I AM THE MAID OF HONOR FOR MY BFF'S WEDDING! THE WEDDING WILL BE NEXT YEAR IN JULY! IM SO HAPPY FOR HER I GET EMOTIONAL EVERYTIME IM DOIN SOMETHIN WEDDING RELATED CryLOL. DO U GUYS HAVE ANY TIPS FOR ME N MY BFF BRIDE TO BE? #1 SHE NEEDS TO PICK DESTINATION WEDDING OR HOME! SHE THINKS WE R GONNA JUS HAVE OPTIONS FOR BOTH N I SAY THATS LIKE PLANNING 2 DAMN WEDDINGS! ALL TIPS R WELCOMED N THANKS IN ADVANCE! Smile

~DOMINIQUE
DOM THE BOMB M.O.H Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MAIDS OF HONOR

• Please don't post in all caps. It comes across as yelling.

What tips are you looking for? I didn't ask my MOH to do anything special, so I guess I'm not the best person to ask. As far as DW vs. local wedding, that's really up to the bride and groom and a lot of things should be considered--budget, how many guests they want vs. how many can make a DW, etc. I would definitely advise her to not plan two weddings though. Why would that even be necessary?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I don't think that is your responsibility as a maid of honor. She should be discussing these big things with her soon to be husband. Your there for whatever kind of support she needs, but not to make those kinds of decisions. As for the bride and groom figuring out if they want a wedding at home or elsewhere should be the first thing on their list. That all has to work around their budget and finding out if the people they want there the most (if its a destination wedding) can even afford to make it there. Again leave those decisions to the couple.
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Agree with PPs. It's nice that you're wanting to help, but really, the decision does need to be between her and her fiance. My best friend had the same problem when planning her wedding and honestly, all I did for her was respond to her lists with a "oh that's good, check for that place, oh that's bad, minus there" and the decision was totally hers and her (now) husbands.

Pro and con lists with budgets though- seriously helped us decide where to do it. Research locations, weigh price per heads, decide what is most important.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with the others. It's not up to you to plan your friend's wedding.  That's the responsibility of the bride and groom.

One thing my MOH did for me that was really helpful: she took my cell phone from me just before the rehearsal dinner, and she held onto it for the duration of the wedding day. I didn't see it again until the reception concluded.  That thing was blowing up all day, but SHE took the calls from the caterer, the florist, random guests- everyone.  I was utterly unconcerned, and free to enjoy the day H and I had spent months planning.

• saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maids-of-honor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:2ebf71ef-d0f9-493c-bc4b-2e122fcd855dPost:a24b73f0-a147-44ee-8174-1f02c38d0467">Re: MAIDS OF HONOR</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the others. It's not up to you to plan your friend's wedding.  That's the responsibility of the bride and groom. One thing my MOH did for me that was really helpful: she took my cell phone from me just before the rehearsal dinner, and she held onto it for the duration of the wedding day. I didn't see it again until the reception concluded.  That thing was blowing up all day, but SHE took the calls from the caterer, the florist, random guests- everyone.  I was utterly unconcerned, and free to enjoy the day H and I had spent months planning.
    Posted by Soon2BeMrsTing[/QUOTE]

<div>That's the sweetest thing I can imagine anyone doing. Seriously, what a great idea.</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HEY LADIES THANKS FOR RESPONDIN! IM NOT YELLIN DONT WORRY I JUS LIKE WRITIN IN CAPS SORRY! I THOUGHT THATS WUT THE MOH WAS FOR TO HELP PLAN THE WEDDING! HER FIANCE WONT HAVE A CLUE N MY BESTIE WILL B STRESSED! I DONT WANNA STRESS MYSELF EITHER BUT I JUS WANT HER TO HAVE THE BEST DAY OF HER LIFE! SHE IS LIKE MY SIS N I JUS WANT HER HAPPY!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maids-of-honor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:2ebf71ef-d0f9-493c-bc4b-2e122fcd855dPost:21a92b6f-b40a-47a7-9ad7-ee66313094d1">Re: MAIDS OF HONOR</a>:
    [QUOTE]HEY LADIES THANKS FOR RESPONDIN! IM NOT YELLIN DONT WORRY I JUS LIKE WRITIN IN CAPS SORRY! I THOUGHT THATS WUT THE MOH WAS FOR TO HELP PLAN THE WEDDING! HER FIANCE WONT HAVE A CLUE N MY BESTIE WILL B STRESSED! I DONT WANNA STRESS MYSELF EITHER BUT I JUS WANT HER TO HAVE THE BEST DAY OF HER LIFE! SHE IS LIKE MY SIS N I JUS WANT HER HAPPY!
    Posted by Dominique524[/QUOTE]
    You may like it, but it's considered extremely rude and hard to read.  Part of the reason you're not getting many responses is that people can't actually read what you wrote. 
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • THANKS BUT I ASKED FOR TIPS ON A WEDDING NOT MY CAPS! IF PPL CHOOSE NOT TO RESPOND THEN HEY THATS OK! U SEEMED TO READ THAT PRETTY FINE IN ORDER TO KNO I LIKED CAPS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maids-of-honor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:2ebf71ef-d0f9-493c-bc4b-2e122fcd855dPost:6902b27c-bdd2-4163-b6b5-b2da659762bc">Re: MAIDS OF HONOR</a>:
    [QUOTE]THANKS BUT I ASKED FOR TIPS ON A WEDDING NOT MY CAPS! IF PPL CHOOSE NOT TO RESPOND THEN HEY THATS OK! U SEEMED TO READ THAT PRETTY FINE IN ORDER TO KNO I LIKED CAPS!
    Posted by Dominique524[/QUOTE]

<div>Caps and text speak made you sound like a 14 year old girl. </div>
  • THIS IS THE ISSUE WIT WOMEN YALL ALWAYS FOCUSED ON THE WRONG THINGS! THANKS TO THE PPL WHO ACTUALLY DROPPED BY TO HELP! ALL OTHERS GOD BLESS U N HOPEFULLY U WONT HAVE TO C MY CAPS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maids-of-honor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:2ebf71ef-d0f9-493c-bc4b-2e122fcd855dPost:a24b73f0-a147-44ee-8174-1f02c38d0467">Re: MAIDS OF HONOR</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the others. It's not up to you to plan your friend's wedding.  That's the responsibility of the bride and groom. One thing my MOH did for me that was really helpful: she took my cell phone from me just before the rehearsal dinner, and she held onto it for the duration of the wedding day. I didn't see it again until the reception concluded.  That thing was blowing up all day, but SHE took the calls from the caterer, the florist, random guests- everyone.  I was utterly unconcerned, and free to enjoy the day H and I had spent months planning.
    Posted by Soon2BeMrsTing[/QUOTE]

Wow! I think that is an extremely sweet and smart thing of your maid of honor to do! Good job to her on that one :)
  •  Hi i am 16 years old and just found out that my best friend  got engaged she has asked my not only be the maid of honor but help plan the wedding  she says that  her and her boyfriend  who  just started college wont get married until he gets out of collage but i don't know exactly what my duty's as a MOH are supposed to be sense the the wedding is 4 years away i have read that you are supposed to have an engagement party  but the problem is  only 2 other people know there engaged including my self so what do i do not even her family knows Embarassed
  • LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    [apologies to caps poster but looking at all that shouting at 6am hurts my head too much to read it]. To 16yo pp... All you have to do, is buy the dress that you, the bride, and the bridesmaids agree on, and be at the wedding location on time on the day. That is your "maid of honour job". Additionally, you can do whatever you want. Plan her bach party, take her venue hunting, help her with stationery, etc, but the groom should really be the one doing all these things. Most of all... It's four years out. You, her, anyone, doesn't need to do anything at all for at LEAST two more years, if not three.
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_maids-of-honor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:2ebf71ef-d0f9-493c-bc4b-2e122fcd855dPost:47200b92-ce29-4b04-abab-3ee56c21444d">Re: MAIDS OF HONOR</a>:
    [QUOTE] Hi i am 16 years old and just found out that my best friend  got engaged she has asked my not only be the maid of honor but help plan the wedding  she says that  her and her boyfriend  who  just started college wont get married until he gets out of collage but i don't know exactly what my duty's as a MOH are supposed to be sense the the wedding is 4 years away i have read that you are supposed to have an engagement party  but the problem is  only 2 other people know there engaged including my self so what do i do not even her family knows 
    Posted by victoria10809[/QUOTE]

You dont need to help plan their engagement party. Its jus a get together to let family n friends kno that they r engaged. It doesnt have to b big. My best friend also asked could I help plan her weddin so right now we are lookin at diff places online n comparing. She jus needs to choose here or a destination wedding. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards