Wedding Party
Options

How much to spend on gifts?

Hi ladies!
I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere but I am really struggling with how to set a budget for gifts for my bridesmaids.  I know it depends on each situation but I'd love to know what others spent for each bm gift so that I can get some idea of a range.  Also, did you get everyone the same gifts or did you get creative for each girl?  I am tempted to keep things the same so that no one feels like the other got something better but I also want to be creative.

Re: How much to spend on gifts?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_much-spend-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:33ad8cdd-fde4-437a-8b36-6ea0b22ca7d6Post:c98d0d2d-4fa9-48bf-847d-ffdcd5eb8797">Re: How much to spend on gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We spent about $100/girl and $65/guy.  Spend what you can afford. We got the same thing for each girl/guy, but I like the idea of getting them all something that caters to them specifically.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

Thanks!  I was originally thinking about $100/each girl too but somehow my estimate keeps creeping up to the $150 mark...and with 7 bridesmaids that's a little painful :p
    I'm also having a little trouble deciding between quanity vs. quality of the gifts, if that makes sense.  Of  course I dont meant getting them gifts of bad quality but, for example, I am currently debating between $30 robes from Victoria's Secret (cute but a bit generic) or $60+ robes that are more special...
  • Options
    We're planning on spending $50-$75. My two cents, if you want to save a little $: sign up for the Groupon Goods emails if you don't get them already.  There's a variety of items offered every day, so there may be something offered that could be used for WP presents.  We bought our groomsmen whiskey stones with a Groupon, and plan on getting them something like a nice set of whiskey glasses or beer steins. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_much-spend-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:33ad8cdd-fde4-437a-8b36-6ea0b22ca7d6Post:6c7207a3-3f7a-4e64-9b65-b013f8453958">Re: How much to spend on gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're planning on spending $50-$75. My two cents, if you want to save a little $: sign up for the Groupon Goods emails if you don't get them already.  There's a variety of items offered every day, so there may be something offered that could be used for WP presents.  We bought our groomsmen whiskey stones with a Groupon, and plan on getting them something like a nice set of whiskey glasses or beer steins. 
    Posted by Belle0000[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for the tip!  I hadn't even thought of that :)
  • Options
    Spend what you can afford.  There is no right or wrong amount.  I am planning to spend around $50 or so per bridesmaid, and my fiance is planning to do the same for his groomsmen.
  • Options
    Spend what you can afford.  I spent about $50 ea and I got them each something different.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with some of the PPs who said "spend what you can afford."  Would you be coming in here before Christmas asking what you should spend on people?
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_much-spend-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:33ad8cdd-fde4-437a-8b36-6ea0b22ca7d6Post:3121bb76-3b90-4bfd-a623-ad14ead00ca5">Re: How much to spend on gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with some of the PPs who said "spend what you can afford."  Would you be coming in here before Christmas asking what you should spend on people?
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

No, of course not but I've often heard that in some way you should try to "compensate" for the money the girls are spending to take part in the wedding.  So, for example- If I had picked out dresses, shoes, accessories, etc that I was "making" the girls wear, I would probably feel even more obligated to spend more.  However, I am letting them wear whatever they want and haven't set any restrictions on jewelry and things, so in some way I dont feel <em>as</em> much pressure.
  • Options
    I am going to be the low rung here. We're not spending more than $20 on each person in or WP, except the RB and FG we're spending a little closer to $50 because we're getting them reception activities too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    I lost count but have spent maybe $60 each so far but will buy them each a different bottle of wine to go with the other things I bought them. Probably also throw in a gift card to their favorite restaraunt as well ...I'm trying to personalize it that way. Also one of my BM is prego so I'm getting her a gift card to a spa. I will probably spend about $90 each when it's all said and done. They get their gifts this Sat. At the rehearsal dinner so I can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards