Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: delete

• This girl at work has recently been demoted from her job to a lesser paying position that is more structured.  Why?  Besides the 35 minute breaks she takes (they are suppose to be 15 min) she also has asked customers for their change to help pay for her wedding.  She has also harrassed other employees for cash and to buy her things for her wedding. 
  • Ughhh i had a friend who would post on facebook about all the new gifts that arrived at her doorstep everyday. It made me want to vomit. Some people in this world have absolitely nothing. Being happy about your gifts is fine, but keep it to youself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-faux-pas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:0bcaa4d8-b74a-4ccb-8740-52afbc151d89Post:92b1b452-25fc-4692-a980-03ce67f115c3">Re: Facebook faux pas</a>:
    [QUOTE]This girl at work has recently been demoted from her job to a lesser paying position that is more structured.  Why?  Besides the 35 minute breaks she takes (they are suppose to be 15 min) <strong>she also has asked customers for their change to help pay for her wedding. </strong> She has also harrassed other employees for cash and to buy her things for her wedding. 
    Posted by Cortney1982[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow. Someone's pretty bold.</div>
  • I had a friend post a link to her honeymoon registry saying "Who wants to help us go on our honeymoon?!?!" I was shocked and sent her a message politely telling her that something like that is offensive and gift grabby to some. She had no idea it was rude and thanked me for letting her know and deleted it immediately.
  • That's rude that she posted that, but I think a lot of the time social media acts as this invisible shield. Intonation, tone and meaning also get skewed when all you see is text on a screen....maybe she was saying it in a 'joking' way, but regardless it was still a bad move to say something that crass.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_facebook-faux-pas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0bcaa4d8-b74a-4ccb-8740-52afbc151d89Post:24ce607b-cf06-4bae-a087-b388e1ac9f24">Re:Facebook faux pas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had a friend post a link to her honeymoon registry saying "Who wants to help us go on our honeymoon?!?!" I was shocked and sent her a message politely telling her that something like that is offensive and gift grabby to some. She had no idea it was rude and thanked me for letting her know and deleted it immediately.
    Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

Good on you for catching that! You definitely helped out a girl-in-need. I'm glad she accepted your msg and deleted it.
  • I think people need to stop and think--" Would I say this aloud in a conversation with my friends and family?" before they post something on facebook. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Facebook faux pas:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Facebook faux pas:I had a friend post a link to her honeymoon registry saying "Who wants to help us go on our honeymoon?!?!" I was shocked and sent her a message politely telling her that something like that is offensive and gift grabby to some. She had no idea it was rude and thanked me for letting her know and deleted it immediately.Posted by Sharpschruter22Good on you for catching that! You definitely helped out a girlinneed. I'm glad she accepted your msg and deleted it. Posted by MNbride1991[/QUOTE]

Thanks, me too. I was worried I would sound high and mighty, but she took it well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards