Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ann Arbor Weddings!

Who here is getting married in Ann Arbor?

My ceremony is in the courtyard at the Michigan League and the reception is in the Pendleton room in the Union.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ann Arbor Weddings!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am! The ceremony is at the Kerrytown Concert House and the reception is at Weber's Inn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am! My ceremony and reception are at Cobblestone Farms. Im from downriver though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sandals Grande St. Lucia
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are! We're getting married at St. Andrew's at Catherine and Division st. Our reception is 15 mins away at Barnstormer in Whitmore Lake. We plan on taking pics at the nickel arcade and the law quad at U of M.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get married here, but I live in Ann Arbor.  That counts for something, right?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Ann Arbor.  Wedding at St. Mary's Student Parish and reception at Polo Fields Golf Club.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Matthaei Gardens and having the reception at Weber's Inn..

Sort of off-topic, but where are you guys having your rehearsal dinners?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
      We're having our rehearsal dinner at the Gandy Dancer. Vinology was our first choice (it's where FI and I had our first date), but they were already booked. Both of the moms are hosting it and they looked at The Earle also, but felt the Gandy Dancer was more organized and the private room would fit everyone better.

• Options
    golemhmgolemhm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our ceremony and reception at Polo Fields Country Club in Ann Arbor as well! :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our rehersal dinner is at The Original Cottage Inn. YUM PIZZA BUFFET!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our RD is at Arbor Brewing Company in the private room.  We really wanted something locally owned and located downtown.  Most of our wedding party is from out of town, and we wanted to give them a little slice of Ann Arbor while they're in town.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ann-arbor-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:bf6c8d41-e511-4e8d-849e-688adb96d83cPost:1078aca2-1f1e-4a2b-a64d-1fbfa0fc6622">Re: Ann Arbor Weddings!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our RD is at Arbor Brewing Company in the private room.  We really wanted something locally owned and located downtown.  Most of our wedding party is from out of town, and we wanted to give them a little slice of Ann Arbor while they're in town.
    Posted by Meg1036[/QUOTE]

I am so jealous of this (and I'm already married, lol).  DH and I LOVE Arbor Brewing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ann-arbor-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:bf6c8d41-e511-4e8d-849e-688adb96d83cPost:8488ce0d-3b71-46a5-9f17-2e99693f3499">Re: Ann Arbor Weddings!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ann Arbor Weddings! : I am so jealous of this (and I'm already married, lol).  DH and I LOVE Arbor Brewing!
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

We do too!  We just ate there last weekend, and I love the entire beer list.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We haven't chosen a rehearsal dinner yet... My fiance said (somewhat) jokingly that he wants it at Blimpy burger ha

Anyone have any suggestions for day of coordinators, photographers (preferably under $2500) or officiants (my fiance and I aren't very religious and don't want anything too stuffy)? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_ann-arbor-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:bf6c8d41-e511-4e8d-849e-688adb96d83cPost:1b1abc61-41ed-4841-b3fb-aafe3ea66962">Re: Ann Arbor Weddings!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have any suggestions for day of coordinators, photographers (preferably under $2500) or officiants (my fiance and I aren't very religious and don't want anything too stuffy)? 
    Posted by AriesAngel86[/QUOTE]

I don't have a DOC, and I'm having a religious wedding, so I can't help you there.  And there are TONS of photographers at/under your price point (some commonly recommended on this board are Pure Amour, Amy Boeve, Lovella, The Camera Chick)

As someone doing an Ann Arbor wedding, I can tell you that in my experience, vendors based out of Ann Arbor tend to be more expensive than those based out of other areas.  But those from other areas (almost any from the Detroit or Lansing areas) will travel to Ann Arbor, usually without a fee.  None of my vendors is actually Ann Arbor-based.  You can use the "sticky" (the post on the top of the page) to read about vendors, reviews, and prices from others.  That's how I found most of my vendors.
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Ceremony:
    Old St. Patrick Catholic Church

Reception: 
    Sheraton Ann Arbor

Rehearsal Dinner:
    not sure yet. I've been to friends' at Mediterano and Paesano's that I particularly liked.

Pictures:
    not sure yet. Between e-pix and wedding day, here are some of my ideas:
    Inside/outside the church (gorgeous)
    my backyard is nice and right now has a lovely blooming tree that I hope to use at e-pix this weekend
    maybe something at the botanical gardens?
    Especially if it's raining on the day of the wedding, maybe the UM art museum (some really cool, modern shots; a friend had her pix in December there!)
    I LOVE the law quad...but since everyone seems to have their pix there...it seems so over-used, but...since I'm moving away after the wedding, then a lot of people who look at our photo album after the wedding won't be familiar with it?
    The UM school of music has a well-groomed pond and some other outdoorsy stuff behind it
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at St. Andrews on N. Division too!!...October 8th...I'm sooo excited. Is Fr. Alan doing your ceremony?Do they have rooms for the bride & groom to dress in? I can't remember and we meet with Fr. Alan again on June 30th.

Tiffani
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are still in the process of finding a venue. Right now our top choice is the Gandy Dancer. Currently we are planning for around 130 people. I am hoping if any of you ladies have looked at other Ann Arbor venues that you could share your experiences about what you liked/disliked. My FI and I have both lived in AA our whole lives and I went to U of M as well so it wouldn't feel right if we got married anywhere else! We are planning the ceremony for the First United Methodist Church near Washington and State.

Thanks in advance for the input!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards