Wedding Etiquette Forum

Too early for an evening thread?

I'm so jealous right now.   DH is going to see the DMZ tomorrow.  He is so out of touch he called it the DMS.   I would actually be able to appreciate the trip.  He is going to think it's some big barbed wired-fence.  

It's not fair.  I'm sitting here with 2 dogs who just finally calmed down after playing since 6 am.  They are jealous of one another also, so I'm dealing with that also. 

Is is time for a drink?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Too early for an evening thread?

• Definitely not too early.  Today was horrid.  I spent 90% of my day making up recuiting packets for an event we have next month.  The only reason I planned to put them together now is because we were supposed to have student help.  Guess who didn't show up?  I also got bumped up to 40 hours next week (I normally only work 30) which will be nice when pay day hits, but we have so much crap going on it'll be a nightmare for sure.
  • I'm about 3 minutes from losing my mind. I can't take another second of screaming babies. Luckily, I'm done in approximately 23 minutes. Then it's off to the bank, then home to shower and then probably over to FI's.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lynda, why do you have two dogs?  Did I miss something?
  • I admit, I don't know what DMZ is..  I assume you're not talking about a demilitarized zone. 

I have 2 more hours of work and I have no idea what's on the agenda for tonight. 
  • I'm feeling extremely tired tonight. I stayed up to late and then didn't sleep very well. I have a training all day tomorrow so I will probably end up crashing early.

Sorry today was a bad day strlz.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also don't know what the DMZ is.
  • DMZ = Demilitarized Zone.  In this case it's the boarder of North and South Korea.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I actually think Lynda is talking about the demilitarized zone.  Isn't her H in Korea right now?
  • edited April 2012
    Two more hours of work :/

Definitely not too early for a drink Lynda! Have one for me too :)

What is DMZ?

ETA: ding ding ding Girlie! haha
  • Oh well hells bells I was right. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:94e336d3-1636-49a3-86d2-4bc70732cb43Post:bdbf70f7-eb23-47f3-a9f0-f68c507a9f16">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lynda, why do you have two dogs?  Did I miss something?
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

<div>Our neighbors are on an incentive trip to the Bahamas and i'm watching their dog also.</div><div>
    </div><div>She came at 6 am and they have been at it all day.  Chef D finally got to the point where is okay with her being here.  They play all the time together, but her being here so long has made him a little jealous. </div>

• My dogs hate when other dogs come over... My poodle usually bites the other dog. FI's goldendoodle came over and she took a big chunk of his fur out... he barely noticed though, he's such a sweetheart.
  • I had a real shitty night sleep last night.  I don't think tonight will be any better. 

The only people I hang out with these days are DH and the couple who is away.   I'm basically by myself this weekend.  I am going to check out the jazz fest tomorrow.

• hi ladies.

I am exhausted.  This week flew by, but now I am realizing just how long it was. 
    H is taking a nap.  He asked me if I wanted to join him...I think I should have taken him up on the suggestion.
  • Hop in bed now, Hockey! I took a nap around this time on Wednesday so I could stay up late with FI. I've hardly seen him this week because law school finals have started. I don't know how well his final went this morning, when I asked how it was, he just said, "Hard." Hopefully he did okay though!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:94e336d3-1636-49a3-86d2-4bc70732cb43Post:7885527a-678e-4950-afb5-f6876c625396">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dogs hate when other dogs come over... My poodle usually bites the other dog. <strong>FI's goldendoodle came over and she took a big chunk of his fur out</strong>... he barely noticed though, he's such a sweetheart.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>The other dog is a golden retriever-poodle mix.  She is such a sweetheart.  She is 4 and almost 6 month old Chef D bugs her, because that's what puppies do.</div>

• I will watch Chef D anytime Lynda if you need to separate them ;) He is so cute.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:94e336d3-1636-49a3-86d2-4bc70732cb43Post:01d52960-c5e1-4ab8-92ef-ffa90c1df33e">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too early for an evening thread? : The other dog is a golden retriever-poodle mix.  She is such a sweetheart.  She is 4 and almost 6 month old Chef D bugs her, because that's what puppies do.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, my dogs are also older than the goldendoodle... he just turned 2 but he's still pretty rambunctious (I just realized I've never written that word before and had to look up the spelling) so he annoyed the crap out of my dogs, who are going on 5 and 6.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:94e336d3-1636-49a3-86d2-4bc70732cb43Post:bb966d55-3459-44d6-bac9-589d36ea8f48">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will watch Chef D anytime Lynda if you need to separate them ;) He is so cute.
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Well we are going to Austria this summer.</div>

• DMZ the rapper? Lololol
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I just remembered I have a bottle of wine in the fridge at home, I think I'll definitely be KUI later on tonight :)

• In Response to Re:Too early for an evening thread?:[QUOTE]DMZ Demilitarizednbsp;Zone. nbsp;In this case it's the boarder of North and South Korea. Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE] Oh.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • H's cell just rang and I glanced at the caller id.  It was one of his friends that he hardly gets to talk to because they work different shifts...part of me feels bad that he missed the call...the other part of me is jealous because this friend never calls me. (this friend was the one who introduced me to H)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:94e336d3-1636-49a3-86d2-4bc70732cb43Post:99fee838-810d-4d65-80ab-0ad21bf7cd6d">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too early for an evening thread? : Well we are going to Austria this summer.
    Posted by lyndausvi[/QUOTE]

There we go then. It's all set.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Angel, I like you're sig pic!

FI is packing up the car and about to head out for the weekend, at which point I am cracking open a bottle of wine, celebrating my promotion by myself and watching reruns of shows that he hates lol.
  • Hola, all.  I'm reviewing my paper and marathoning SATC.  Haven't even gotten started on paper 2, but I did finish taking notes.  *twirls finger*

Such a wild night here, really.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Bay, don't feel bad - that will likely be my night, just minus the paper (and add wine). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_too-early-for-an-evening-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:94e336d3-1636-49a3-86d2-4bc70732cb43Post:a3471945-77e4-4876-9013-dd579204817c">Re: Too early for an evening thread?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Promotion? I missed the AW. Congrats Chels. Is the school alright after everything?
    Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

Sorry! I AWed over on SB figuring enough people crossboard.

Basically, I have been officially named head of the language dept (which is a huge deal since the school's biggest selling point is the availibility of languages).  We have a "kill date" of July 1st, meaning if we have enough enrollment by then, we will be able to stay open. If that's the case, I can see the school just taking off leaps and bounds in the next five years.  If we don't hit the enrollment level we need, then they have decided to close the school.  But J has been harcore stripped of her "powers" and a management team consisting of parents and community members with experience in education (old superintendent, principal, etc) has taken over.  I really hope we can get over this speed bump because the school will FINALLY be able to grow.

Either way this will be able to go on my resume so if the school DOES close, at least I can still say I was head of a language dept, which will help a little.  I just felt so honored by it.  I know I'm the only fulltime language teacher who stayed, but the new ones have much more experience than me.  So it means a lot that they see that they have such faith in me :)
  • Edie, I missed your post about the accident.  You're doing ok though right?
  • Woohoo!  I just discovered that there are reruns of Friends ON DEMAND.  Now I don't have to figure out what I'm going to watch for the next hour or so.  I really need to make a trip to my storage unit tomorrow to trade out my movies.  I'm sick of watching the same ones over and over again.  I need something new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards