Christian Weddings

Monday QOTD

We haven't done this for a while. Post 5 updates for everyone to catch us all up on how things are going for you. Highs or lows.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monday QOTD

• Ash61612Ash61612 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    1. DH and I had a really good conversation this weekend on getting a game plan on when we would start TTC. It won't be till next year but it's so exciting to think of us expanding our family.

2. We had weather into the 70's this weekend and it is making me even more anxious for spring! Too bad its going to get back into the 30's again by the end of the week.

3. Finally figured out what helps with my chronic headaches/migraines. They are caused by muscle tightness in my neck and upper back. PT is helping a lot and I feel like a new person when I leave there.

4. Full time job situation may be changing, finally.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1- Moved to India.

2- Trying to get married in India-  the legal process is more difficult then we thought.

3- Trying to be more disciplined in all areas.

4- Been struggling with culture shock, but adjusting.

5- We adopted a dog Saturday, Nellie! :)

My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • 1.  DH ended up in the emergency room as a patient when he was on call Friday night.  He hadn't been able to eat since that morning, and it was his 6th 28-hour shift in 3 weeks.  Basically he'd been overworked.  Dehydration and a really bad migraine.  He's doing a lot better now, but he took today off work. 

2.  I submitted my qualifying exam yesterday.

3.  I got a great deal recently at New York and Co.: 2 pairs of skinny jeans, 3 pairs of tights, and 2 pairs of socks for just over $60.  I think it's gotten the shopping bug out of my system.

4.  We're really grumpy about the fact that the pharmacies here close so early.  Seriously, why would a pharmacy close at 1pm on a Saturday and why does our insurance make us once that pharmacy? and why does the CVS pharmacy close at 6pm on Saturday when the rest of the CVS is open? The whole point of CVS IS the pharmacy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. I got a part time job working at my church which starts next week. Very excited to be working again.

2. My BF and I start our premarital classes at our church next Wednesday, we're going through the book "The Meaning of Marriage" by Tim Keller.

3. It started snowing today, the yard looks beautiful.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1. My SIL visited with us for two weeks from the UK. It was great spending time wither her

2. MY MIL requires knee surgery

3. It is very cold

4. I have 3 weddings this year ( a bridesmaid for 1)

5. Hoping for a better year within my marriage than last year (more prayer/devotions)
  • 1) I finish my current rotation this week. I'm currently on Internal Medicine.  My last day of wards is tomorrow, then I have a huge test on Friday.

2) There's a possibly huge snowstorm coming that might mess up the test on Friday.  For the first time in my life I don't actually want a snowday.

3) My fiance found a new job in December! After being let go in September, being unemployed for a month, having a low paying temp job for another month, then spending another month at a low paying yet more permanent job, he finally found the job of his dreams.  He finally feels like he makes what he's worth, and he loves what he gets to do. I've never seen him so happy to go to work, and that makes me unbelievably happy.

4) My mom finally told my Dad about her engagment (they've been divorced for not quite two years).  I know longer feel like I'm stuck in the middle, or like I'm lying (by omission) to my dad.

5) And the kicker..... I'm having major knee surgery on Tuesday.  The procedure is called a Fulkerson Osteotomy (google is safe, but do not youtube it unless you have a strong stomach).  I'm more terrified of the surgery than I am of the super hard test on Friday, which is making it hard to motivate myself to study.  I am stressed out to the max!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards