Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Dress trouble...What should I do?

My dress came in yesterday. I tried it on and I feel like the beading is off. It isnt centered the way it should be. The one lady said she could kind of see it the other lady at the store said she couldnt but they could take the beading off and restitch it. The beading is actually already stitched on netting so they would just restitch the netting to make it the way I want it. i dont know what to do. Im afraid they are going to screw it up. or the beading is going to unravel and look crappy. What would you do? I dont know if I should say send it back because its defective or what...

This is what the dress should look like:

This is what mind looks like:

Am I imagining this or is it def off?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
11/11/11

*Make A Wish*

Re: Dress trouble...What should I do?

• Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It looks off to me too. If it was my dress, I would probably take it to a very well-reviewed steamstress and let her fix it. I don't think I would trust the beading to the shop's seamstress (esp. if one of them didn't think there was anything off in the first place).
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I see it as well.  It would drive me nutso and would get it fixed ASAP.  FI is OCD too and I would hate for him to just focus on that while I was walking down the aisle!
  • Smile1114Smile1114 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I just called the store to tell them I wanted to come in to discuss my options.  They said they are already working on fixing the dress. So they said that when its done they will have me come back in and try it on and if Im not satisfied they will send it back to the designer and get me a new one. Im a little uneasy about the fact that they started the work before I asked them to. Im nervous.
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • edited December 2011
    Is it possible that the cups aren't sitting right on your chest?  To me it looks like the right side is slightly higher, and therefore the beading is off.

• edited December 2011
    No, it's clearly off. Is there a way you can hang it up just like the picture and take a pic? That might show if it's more clearly off. It may be that it was sitting a little funny on you or that it just wasn't on straight. (Using the seamstress eye my mom trained me with... it's kind of a curse. Trust me.) The only reason I'm suggesting that is that the point at the bottom of the neckline (the V) is definitely deeper than the one in the picture, and it's the V that's off- not necessarily the beading. Actually, if you look, the material that the beading is on is pretty much dead on- it's the v that is cut crooked. Maybe have a seamstress look at that. Make sure they're a well reviewed seamstress, like Bean said.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Thats what I felt like the problem was, the V.  I moved it around alot to try to see if it was the way it was sitting and it def wasnt.

They already started working on it, so I dont know what Im supposed to do from here. They have it at the store. :(
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call them back and have them email you to say that they are 1) working on it and 2) will send it back and get you a replacement free of charge if they cannot make it perfect. You should have a record of that incase they change their minds.
    edited December 2011
    Ok, Thanks. Im gonna call and request that now. I hope they comply.
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • edited December 2011
    ^agreed.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I saw right away there is much less curve on the left side... and it sort of leans.

edited December 2011
    The woman was really sweet and said she would send me an email today. Thanks for the help ladies. I'll keep you updated!
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • edited December 2011

I definitely see how it's off, but once you get it right it'll be a really, really pretty dress! And luckily you have plenty of time, it sounds like even if you do need to exchange it completely. My dress took 9 months for it to come in (it's sorta like a baby) and I still haven't seen it yet, so if I have any problems I'm outa luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    This is the email the store sent me:

Hello I wanted to follow up with an e-mail after our telephone conversation earlier today.We have addressed your concerns with our head seamstress, she has measured the gown and the beaded point is exactly 9" inches apart on each side, however we understand that you feel that the point is not centered therefore we will accommodate you by re-adjusting it with a slight shift.

We will call you as soon as the seamstress is done, you will come in to the store and will try the gown on again.We will keep the integrity of the neckline and beading the way the designer has made the dress.
    We will discuss with you what the next step will be when you come back for your next visit, we have communicated with the designer and we are aware that you have contacted them as well today after our phone conversation.
    we are all on the same page and we will take the proper steps to get this resolved.
    regards

I wrote back:

Could you call me please? This email does not communicate all that we discussed on the phone. I would like for everything that we discussed to be communicated in this email.

Im annoyed that it doesnt state anywhere that if they screw up the dress that they would order me a new one. I called but the woman I spoke with is not in yet. I left a message for her to call me back.
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • edited December 2011
    Just ask her to put in writitng points A, B, C, D... whatever they are.  Tell her exactly what you're looking for.
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_dress-troublewhat-should?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0bc58990-7b99-4744-9c93-668b0dc45293Post:d20f00fe-27a0-4403-b852-87684ff8fea1">Re: Dress trouble...What should I do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just ask her to put in writitng points A, B, C, D... whatever they are.  Tell her exactly what you're looking for.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

This. This is why I said you should get it in writing originally - people/store (not all, but a lot) will try to cheat you if they can.
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I did on the phone and then that is what she wrote me. I will write her again. Thanks ladies!
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards