Virginia

Uplighting

Hey guys. Just met with my florist today (fabulous!). But I didn't know uplighting was sooooooooooo expensive. Have you guys received any reasonable quotes for uplighting and are you using it for your weddings?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Uplighting

• edited December 2011
    The DJ company that I am going with offers the uplighting with their services.  I can either get it in white lights or colored lights.  I am using  them for my reception in the ballroom.  No other place.
  • edited December 2011
    Would you mind me asking how much they're charging you for the lighting? My florist is the one quoting me the price, but FI says he's just the middle man and is probably putting in a small amount for himself- which I don't mind- it's business. But if I can get them to come down on price comparable to other companies I'd like to give it a whirl.

I'm using Astro DJs and all they offer (as far as I know) is dance floor lighting.
  • edited December 2011
    My DJ has his own lighting for the dance floor but that's it in terms of lighting- for more we're hiring someone who specializes (not the florist).  I am expecting lighting for the room to cost around $1800-$2400.  What were you quoted?
  • edited December 2011
    Mine is $1k but that is discounted based on the amount I spent for all the other stuff, according to them. I've heard other price ranges to be anywhere between $800-2000. I've also heard of other people doing the uplighting themselves for much much cheaper. I dont have experience there so I think i'm okay with paying them to do it for me.
  • Kristenl903Kristenl903 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im using blue steel and its around 2800
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards