Florida-North Florida

looking for a wedding coordinator/designer

I have been chatting with Sara (Gillianne Weddings) ... LOVE her web-site, and her, plus her price is very reasonable. One of my friends used her services and was very pleased. Is it okay to go ahead and contract even though I haven't talked to any other coordinators. I just feel like we had a "connection". Thoughts anyone?
http://www.gillianneweddings.com  .. this is her site, someone please help me :)

Re: looking for a wedding coordinator/designer

• edited December 2011
    I only spoke with one and I signed a contract with her the second time we met. If you feel like you had a connection that's great! I say go for it. She sounds great and you said her prices were reasonable--what more could you ask for? Lol!!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. If you feel a connection go for it. If it's what you're looking for. But you may want to look around. I made that mistake with my first DJ and I am STILL having problems with him even though I fired him.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is critical that you like & connect with your vendors. 

My fear when I started hiring was seeing past the sales pitch. Here's a blog our DJ wrote that helped me tremendously. I was shy about asking detailed questions & pinning them down for answers when they danced around my questions. My DJ reminded me that we are paying a lot of $$ to these people & entrusting them with the most important day of our lives. We should think of these consultations as a job interview. 

In the end all of our vendors were amazing!  HTH!  Let me know what you think!
  • edited December 2011
    oops that was the wrong blog, sorry!! They have lots of good ones! 

• edited December 2011
    Great blog beachy - I have heard a lot of recent buzz about Sara being great. I am considering hiring her myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards