Illinois

Anyone else win a makeover from David's Bridal?

So I got a phone call today on the way home from work from this woman who told me that I had won a makeover for myself and up to 5 of my bridesmaids. She said she was from Mary Kay who partners with David's Bridal. I haven't set foot in a DB, or signed up for a contest on their website. I was wondering if anyone else has gotten a call like this before? Is it for real or a scam? It kind of sounds sketchy....

Re: Anyone else win a makeover from David's Bridal?

• I've never heard of this but my first instinct would be scam or you have to do a bunch of things in order to get the makeover. I would probably not call back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Anyone that I've known that has gone into David's bridal or one of their 'exclusive partners' has gotten this. I called David's Bridal to confirm and my consultant was 100% honest with me. It is basically Mary Kay's way of tricking you into hosting a party. She'll come and do your makeup, show you some product and try to get you/ bridesmaids/ moms to buy stuff. Mine happened like 3 weeks after I bought my dress so I knew that she got my email as David's sell their list. I've also gotten offers from Hotels and 1 800 flowers.

It's a real thing, just probably not the amazing deal whoever called you made it out to be.
    Anniversary
  • Yes, it's real.  She'll do the makeover, and at the end, will try to sell products to you and your friends.  It's legit overall.

You will get several more calls from vendors because David's loves to give our their customer information.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards