• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Royal Wedding

XP: Will and Kate - changing wedding trends?

Good morning ladies - I thought of you guys when I was reading the paper this morning!  Apparently women are now wanting tiered receptions because of Will and Kate! 

Happy reading.  :)

Re: XP: Will and Kate - changing wedding trends?

• I was hoping it was going to be about him not wearing a ring; FI isn't going for that idea lol.

Married old Las Vegas hag groom - June 2011

Getting married in Vegas? Start here! [click]

• Ugh! Tiered weddings are common in the UK and have been for a long time. I guess this makes it easier for brides to disregard etiquette to have their pretty, pretty princess day.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• edited May 2011
    Oh, and I think I've already seen someone post on a thread about tiered receptions and say "Well Kate did it, so obviously its proper."

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) ?????? image

• In Response to Re: XP: Will and Kate - changing wedding trends?:
    Oh, and I think I've already seen someone post on a thread about tiered receptions and say "Well Kate did it, so obviously its proper."
    Posted by caseyandlizzie
    And the obvious answer to any post like that is "When you marry the heir to the British throne, you can do it too.  Until then, Just No."
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • My argument for them is the first one was not really for their friends and family, it was people they HAD to invite. 

If they had the wedding they wanted it would have been the dinner for 300 people.  None of us are in that situation, we don't have to invite the crown Prince of Denmark to our wedding because our Grandmom said so.  

Evening do's happen here and they are HORRIBLE!  I went to one and I will NEVER do it again.  We I bought a gift, spent £50 on taxis, got all dolled up, didn't talked to the bride and groom, and didn't get any food except for effing fruit cake.  

Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • I will want some alone time with my FH.. as much as I would love to keep the celebration going ... we'll celebrate in a hotel room alone, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards