Wedding Reception Forum

How ro remove wrinkles from linens?

We are planning and organizing the wedding all by ourselves. We bought polyester table linens and we are wondering how to go about to get the wrinkles out. Since we are setting up the tables, centerpieces, etc ourselves, what is a good tactic to keep the linens folded nicely before the big day without unfolding them on our wedding and having them be completly wrinkled? Thanks guys, :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
PersonalMilestone

Re: How ro remove wrinkles from linens?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_how-ro-remove-wrinkles-from-linens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:f4960617-3ee4-4d81-8357-ff15d3d65c6ePost:f4194a78-5f6f-4362-bd74-c62a1f478556">How ro remove wrinkles from linens?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are planning and organizing the wedding all by ourselves. We bought polyester table linens and we are wondering how to go about to get the wrinkles out. Since we are setting up the tables, centerpieces, etc ourselves, what is a good tactic to keep the linens folded nicely before the big day without unfolding them on our wedding and having them be completly wrinkled? Thanks guys, :)
    Posted by rks421[/QUOTE]

you could iron them all and roll them up, instead of folding them. It takes more room to store and transport, but it does make a difference.  There will still be some wrinkles though.
  • I had my own table toppers and here's what I did:

Iron first. Take your time to get out all the "packed in" wrinkles.

Then, with as few folds as possible, fold them so they fit neatly into a large box when they are laid in it. You can't guarantee no wrinkles, but honestly, after attending a gazillion weddings in my life I can say no one will notice.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_how-ro-remove-wrinkles-from-linens?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:f4960617-3ee4-4d81-8357-ff15d3d65c6ePost:6f94319a-a37f-4d32-9171-940632982798">Re:How ro remove wrinkles from linens?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When we used to rent linens for fundraisers, they would come hung on those wire hangers with a cardboard roll on the bottom like you get from the dry cleaner. They were folded once in half and then once longways, then draped on the hanger. We'd store them that way for days beforehand and never had issues with wrinkles. I would iron your and them hang them like that if you have room in a closet.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>This is exactly what we did with our table linens.</div>
  • Tanks stage manager.. thats a good idea. And Sue, i kind of figured that no one would notice, but i just needed more encouragement. Thanks guys!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards