Nevada-Las Vegas

Sad...need to vent.

I just found out that my FI's grandmother passed away last night. FI's grandfather is also in the hospital. The family went to break the news to him.

I'm really upset and trying hard to compose myself before he gets home. I lost both my grandmothers last year and was really hoping his grandmother would be able to see us get married. She had become a surrogate grandmother to me. When we got engaged she hugged me and said "your mine now." She was so sweet.

Don't really know what to do with myself other than eat pie and cry. Frown

Re: Sad...need to vent.

• edited December 2011
    I just found out that my FI's grandmother passed away last night. FI's grandfather is also in the hospital. The family went to break the news to him.

I'm really upset and trying hard to compose myself before he gets home. I lost both my grandmothers last year and was really hoping his grandmother would be able to see us get married. She had become a surrogate grandmother to me. When we got engaged she hugged me and said "your mine now." She was so sweet.

Don't really know what to do with myself other than eat pie and cry. Frown
  • edited December 2011
    Awwww....hon...big hug! and just remember what a wonderful person she was to you and that she will be there in spirit to see you guys get married.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear of your FI grandmother's passing. Have your pie and a good cry and then remember how wonderful she was. I am sure she enjoyed being your surrogate grandmother as much as you appreciated her being one for you. Lean on your family right now and prayer will get you through this tough time.
  • edited December 2011
    Hang in there.
    Keep the sweet memories alive and her spirit in your hearts!!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys. FI is pretty upset so I didn't want to unload on him. Thanks for the kind words.
  • pebbs_17pebbs_17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with both of you and your families.
  • Savannah6783Savannah6783 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am very sorry for your loss! Sending T&P's your way!
  • edited December 2011
    :( I am so sorry to hear about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards