Wedding Etiquette Forum

Confessions

I've been secretly waiting for the apocalypse. Some days I think it's going to be the great massive earthquake that is overdue for the Midwest. Other days I think we're on the brink of nuclear war with Iran and company (this could be due to the fact I'm reading a book about JFK). But I keep feeling like something big is coming and it's the calm before the storm.

What is your confession?

Re: Confessions

• Confession: I don't like Gator yet. I'm starting to think I won't ever like him. He's a sweet dog, but he's so freaking hyper and he's always licking me and it's driving me nuts. I got spoiled by how well X is trained and Gator just isn't chill or trained like X is. We'd never give him away (and Brian thinks the sun shines out of his ass) but I miss the days when it was just us and X and Thor. I feel like a terrible person.
  • You're not a terrible person LDY xoxo. It took me a good year to like my mom's dog, and I love dogs more than people. Some dogs just take a bit to calm down.
  • Aw, that is a bummer about Gator, LDY. He is still pretty young though, right? Tory is only a year and a half and she sounds a lot like Gator. Hopefully he will calm down in the coming years.
  • I was a judgy asshole to H's friend's girlfriend on Sunday.  Neither she nor H's friend bothered introducing her to me, so I just ignored her and her kid the whole night.  Then at the end of the night I made some comment about how she wouldn't be around long anyways (she wasn't in the room at the moment, thank god).  Not my finest moment.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • edited February 2012
    LDY, I'm still not Cooper's biggest fan. H never bothered to try to train him, and he resists any of my attempts. The dog has no idea what's going on if I tell him to stay off the bed, but H welcomes him.

Confession: I was still really new when Mica gained a nephew. You guys were all calling her "uncle," and I was super confused. Most of the Micas I knew growing up were guys (I knew one female), and I knew guys posted here. For about a month, I thought Mica was a dude. Her sig at the time didn't really show her.

Embarassed

Sorry, Mica. You're a very lovely lady.

ETA: Yes, I know Mica isn't her real name, but I didn't know that then. I went to school with a bunch of people with that same name.
  • LOL Special, that is really funny that you thought mica was a guy.

Rachers, don't stress too much if you can help it! You have enough on your plate.
  • Birdie, part of the reason I'm trying to garden and stuff is because I want to know how to provide food for myself in the even the zombie apocalypse or general breakdown of society. That isn't the top reason, but I like to think I'll have a head start on everyone who just buys everything at the supermarket.
  • LDY if it makes you feel better, we've had my mom's cat for a little over a year & his only saving grace with me is when he wants to sit still & snuggle. Otherwise I can't stand him. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession:
    Our director of finance is on my last nerve. He is creepy, obnoxious, and clearly not all there. The worst part? His office is right next to mine and we have a stupid window in between that he keeps open. Already this morning I heard him on the phone with his wifes plastic surgeon trying to pay for his wifes boob job, but he couldn't pay because his credit card got declined. SAVE ME!

• DJ, my cat Penny was weird for the first few weeks after we got Rupert. They fought a lot but eventually it just turned into playing and now they love eachother.

Proof:
  • Confession: I'm a huge control freak/perfectionist and I can't help it... I'm afraid FI is going to leave me because of it. /:

LDY - We used to have a dog I didn't like for the exact reasons you said (my mom's ex-husband took him when they got divorced and my mom got the cats). Even after a few years he didn't calm down... He was always super hyper to the point of even knocking my sister - who was three or four at the time - over on a few occasions. Now, FI wants a dog and I'm wondering if I'll feel the same way, especially when we decide to have kids. It sucks.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks, yall. He licked my ass as I was putting on eyeliner this morning (I just wear underwear and a bra until the very last second on the mornings - I hope you enjoy that visual) and it messed up my line...as well as my makeup for the day b/c then wiping it off got all smeary. It pissed me off. I can't blame the guy. I do have a sweet ass. 

But he's just SO. HYPER. We can't even have family nap time on the weekends without him licking and putting his mouth around our arms and wanting to play. We try to wear him out in the backyard, but he never stops! 

Bad dog mom.
  • edited February 2012
    LDY - you should read Temerity-Jane.com from when they first got Sheldon.  She still describes him as an_asshole, but has come to love him.  But in the beginning?  That dog was insane.

I don't think that's too crazy Birdie.  A girl I used to work with who was really into astrology was talking about how a lot of stuff in that realm is lining up with the end of this year and we're supposed to see some big "change" in the world.  It is eerie how a lot of things are lining up, especially with this election coming up and everything.

I used up my confession this weekend.  Oh I guess one might be that if this chick who tried to get me fired gets promoted to be my boss, I will quit this job even if I dno't have another one lined up.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Anna and Birdie, that's why H gardens. He also wants to learn to hunt and fish, just so he can be prepared. My cousin's longtime BF could easily live off the land, and he offered to take H on survivalist training the next time we're in Colorado.

This is a P&R, as I have a lovely midterm in fifteen minutes.
  •  Confession: I feel poorly on deciding to get married sofar from my parents' home. They have made so many sarcrifices for me and now I am asking themto travel 3000km + with my brother with disabilies. Mom will have to drive the whole way with my sister's boyfriend as her help so that they have access to the wheelchair van and Dad will be flying in later because he can't take all that time off of work. My sister will already be here to helo me with wedding things as none of his or my family or our wedding party live in the area.  I just wanted my brother to see the Rockies. He wouldn't have a reason to go otherwise. 
  • Sorry - I'm not much help.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:55eaab0f-1262-4ee6-bb2b-7ac32f295cc9Post:911851e2-1ec6-41f1-9990-cf7c403bb629">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna and Birdie, that's why H gardens. He also wants to learn to hunt and fish, just so he can be prepared. My cousin's longtime BF could easily live off the land, and<strong> he offered to take H on survivalist training</strong> the next time we're in Colorado. This is a P&R, as I have a lovely midterm in fifteen minutes.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I would love to do that.

</div>
  • I can understand your frustration, LDY. Tory is sooooo hyper. I had always heard that labs are hyper breeds but didn't really get it until we got her. My dad takes her on hour long walks in the mornings (I drop her off at my parents before class) and that helps keep her tired afterward. But it does get really frustrating when I just want to relax and she ALWAYS wants to play. But I do think Gator will become like X someday, it just will take some time.
  • I confess that exercise has been REALLY LOW on my list of priorities for the last few months.  I keep fluctuating between eating a lot and eating nothing (depending on my mood -- I'm either an emotional eater or I starve myself when upset), and without a car, I can't get to the gym.  I keep telling myself that I have to start dieting and exercising properly, but I can't get motivated, and my homework is eating up so much of my free time lately.

Also, my house is a complete disaster area and our Christmas tree is still up.  That's embarrassing.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Birdie, H and I both kind of welcome an apocolypse. But we don't really care to live through it, just experience it and then be done. I don't want to live in a "The Road" type scenario or anything. But, if I could be content in the woods with a garden and H, then that would be different.

On that note, I don't want to live to be super old. Watching what H's grandpa went through, and my stepdad's dad, and others, I don't want it to happen to me. I dont think I'll ever make enough to retire and we aren't having kids, so when I can no longer work, then I'm good.

I heard through the grapevine my brother is planning on proposing when he saves up for a ring. They are both 19, she wants the ring, he thinks they have to get engaged now because they are in love and it just can't wait. I am so incredibly disappointed in him that I don't even want to talk to him right now.
  • confession:  I've screamed at my kids the past 2 days, and I feel like the world's worst mom.  I'm stressed beyond stressed (I turned down a job offer in the state FI lives in because he "thinks" he's got one here...yet he absolutely refuses to talk about worst case scenarios with me) and i'm taking it out on them.  They don't deserve it.  they're father was an abusive a$$hole and the best thing he ever did for us was kill himself 2 years ago.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:55eaab0f-1262-4ee6-bb2b-7ac32f295cc9Post:4bf24896-35f4-4ec4-925d-323e8945ae55">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Birdie, H and I both kind of welcome an apocolypse. But we don't really care to live through it, just experience it and then be done. I don't want to live in a "The Road" type scenario or anything. But, if I could be content in the woods with a garden and H, then that would be different. On that note, I don't want to live to be super old. Watching what H's grandpa went through, and my stepdad's dad, and others, I don't want it to happen to me. I dont think I'll ever make enough to retire and we aren't having kids, so when I can no longer work, then I'm good. I heard through the grapevine my brother is planning on proposing when he saves up for a ring. <strong>They are both 19, she wants the ring, he thinks they have to get engaged now because they are in love and it just can't wait. I am so incredibly disappointed in him that I don't even want to talk to him right now.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That is what happened with J's brother. They got engaged at 19 and because both of their families were kind of like "Um wtf", they have been engaged for 2 years since no one would help them pay for it (and they have no money to pay for it). FSIL is taking online classes part time (after BIL tried to convince her to quit school) and working 2 jobs to pay for the wedding and they are only inviting parents to the ceremony. It is such a trainwreck of an engagement. I feel terrible saying it, but I feel like they are doing it for the same reasons as your brother.
  • Bay, we just took our Christmas tree down last weekend.  You're not alone.  Do you use MFP or anything like that?  That's helped me really see what I'm eating.  Also, printing a calendar of my workouts and having to check them off and log how many miles I've run seems to be helping to keep me accountable too.  I'm a visual person, and I need to see what I need to do and not just know I need to do it.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Seshat, my childhood bf's little sister just got engaged over NYE.  Her BF is in the military, and he broke up with her right before he went to boot camp.  They reconciled and three months later, BAM!  Ring.  They are 18 years old.  I want to be happy for her but I feel like they are just so YOUNG...I was an absolute idiot at 18.  I hope for the best for them, but damn that is young.

• Musu, I think Gator LOVES X. It's X who doesn't love Gator so much because he won't calm down. I feel bad for her! He's part lab and part pit, I think - but he's hyper like a lab. I think he's starting to get the hint about laying down and hanging out, but if you move he's like "OMG YOU'RE READY TO PET ME AREN'T YOU?! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME. HOLD ON. LET ME LICK YOU - OMG YOU TASTE AMAZING - I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO PET ME MORE. WHY ARE YOU LAYING THERE!? I'M FUZZY! PEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT MEEEEEEEE!" 
  • Adamar, I don't but I really should sign up.  I tried WW but when our finances went bust back in September I canceled everything that wasn't necessary, and out it went.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:55eaab0f-1262-4ee6-bb2b-7ac32f295cc9Post:cec290df-760d-4577-a8bd-d1e5036627f4">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that exercise has been REALLY LOW on my list of priorities for the last few months.  I keep fluctuating between eating a lot and eating nothing (depending on my mood -- I'm either an emotional eater or I starve myself when upset), and without a car, I can't get to the gym.  I keep telling myself that I have to start dieting and exercising properly, but I can't get motivated, and my homework is eating up so much of my free time lately. Also, my house is a complete disaster area and our Christmas tree is still up.  That's embarrassing.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

All of this is me too except the Christmas tree.  Well, and the eating.  I just consistently eat a lot.  I just started doing my workout dvd at home last week and I'm trying to eat healthier snacks.  And H seems to think that magical fairies clean the house because when he has a day off he "just wants to relax" and I told him that if I "just relaxed" on my days off we'd die under a pile of clothes, dishes and CRAP.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Well I'm convinced I'll probably die in whatever happens to the world, so I haven't done much in terms of survival prep. I just have this weird feeling. And it's not because of Dec. 21 either. I don't really believe anything big will happen on that specific day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:55eaab0f-1262-4ee6-bb2b-7ac32f295cc9Post:4e72ab3e-a1bd-4e41-864a-74fd7d2f4cac">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]confession:  I've screamed at my kids the past 2 days, and I feel like the world's worst mom.  I'm stressed beyond stressed (I turned down a job offer in the state FI lives in because he "thinks" he's got one here...yet he absolutely refuses to talk about worst case scenarios with me) and i'm taking it out on them.  They don't deserve it.  they're father was an abusive a$$hole and the best thing he ever did for us was kill himself 2 years ago.
    Posted by calibud8@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]
    Woah.
  • Bay, I've been struggling with exercise motivation too lately. I think it has to do with the weather, I just don't have as much energy when it's dark and cold out.

Have you looked into a campus gym? That is probably free and might be easier to work into your schedule.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards