South Asian Weddings

Custom Dupatta?

Do any of you know where I can have a custom dupatta made? TIA!
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Custom Dupatta?

• meelabeelameelabeela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually asked the same thing a while ago.  My fiance is Indian but I'm AA and for one of the days I'm wearing an American style wedding dress but was thnking about dressing it up with some Indian jewelry and coordinating dupatta. Didn't know where to look though.  I did end up finding an Etsy seller (honeycomb veils) that is custom making a mantilla veil for me that'll have embroidery and beading similar to a bridal dupatta.  She makes a lot of non-traditonal veils so maybe she could make something that will work for you. 
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. I just submitted an inquiry. Did you like the finished product?

Our Married Bio
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't seen the finished product yet but she's emailed some pics of the veil's progression and I love it.  It's exactly what I was envisioning.  Hopefully it will be just as beautiful when it's all done.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_custom-dupatta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:152ce9bf-36e6-44d7-bc15-7a12508c3e7cPost:d2483cff-1a33-41e1-aebb-bc4a7d81a64a">Re: Custom Dupatta?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I actually asked the same thing a while ago.  My fiance is Indian but I'm AA and for one of the days I'm wearing an American style wedding dress but was thnking about dressing it up with some Indian jewelry and coordinating dupatta. Didn't know where to look though.  I did end up finding an Etsy seller (honeycomb veils) that is custom making a mantilla veil for me that'll have embroidery and beading similar to a bridal dupatta.  She makes a lot of non-traditonal veils so maybe she could make something that will work for you. 
    Posted by meelabeela[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>What is the link to the etsy store?

</div>
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mrskhan,
    this is the seller's site:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Honeycombveils
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just received my veil from Honeycombveils and it's gorgeous!  I don't know if you're still looking for a dupatta or veil but I just wanted to let you know that the seller did a fantastic job with mine.  Hopefully that helps!
  • amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow! congrats! i did contact her, but we're trying to see if it will fit in our budget....

Our Married Bio
  • edited October 2012
    Oh my gosh, this is JUST what I'm looking for! I asked my future sister in law to see about getting one in india when she's there, but my future mother in law keeps saying it's going to be impossible... Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards