Not Engaged Yet

Update? - Kat, Mutley, Oceana, Catemeg, Button, Paige

These answers maybe burried in some posts that I missed - sorry.

Kat - Did you ever post pics of your veil (that's not really a veil)?

Mutley - Any update on DH heart? Do you have the house for sure?  I am kind of guessing since you picked out fabric and paint, but just checking.

Oceana - How did the ultrasound go?

Catemeg - Where did you go on your mystery vacation last week?

Button - I just read you Friday post and may have gotten an answer, but did you talk to the retail about working less? Did you decide on what to do about all that?

Paige - How did you like the venue last night?

Oh and if there are any other updates anyone wants to share that I missed... feel free.

Happy Friday!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Update? - Kat, Mutley, Oceana, Catemeg, Button, Paige

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My hair is a hot mess and the veil needs to be steamed. But I'm excited!

(And you can see my Dad dutifully helping me with wedding invites in the background!)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love a general update from everyone. I feel like I don't know what's been going on with people lately!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your hair looks far from a hot mess. It looks fair better than mine does when I think it looks good. Your veil looks awesome! I love the flower piece! (fascinator, comb, clip-- not sure of the correct name.)
  • edited December 2011
    AW kat!  It's so sweet to see your Dad working so hard in the back ground!  Almost made me cry, seriously! 

My newest update: We found out yesterday that whatever the problem was with the city, it was fixed and we no longer have to move.  I can't believe they put us through all that stress for nothing.  We're still both really upset about it and have decided that we're still going to look at places and once I have a job we'll move into an apartment.  Now I have to just worry about getting a job first.  As far as the wedding, we've also decided that we're not going to continue spending money on the wedding until I've gotten a job aswell - we have the wedding $$ in savings but I'm a bit unsure how long it will be before I have a job.  Sooo, it all boils down to... I NEED A JOB!!  I'm literally about to go completely nuts sitting in this place all day... I need human contact.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, Jeter. *HUGS

Well, at least you don't HAVE to move NOW. But that is very annoying they put you guys through the wringer.

Have you talked to Melissa?
  • edited December 2011
    Last I heard from Melissa was Wednesday afternoon - she sent me an e-mail saying she was out of town but would call me by the end of the week and let me know.  I had told her I had another job offer and needed to let them know by next week (which was a fib, obviously).  Also FFILLILTGF (future-father-in-law's-live-in-long-time-girlfriend - I forget the original version LOL) works at a bank where I've put in an application, so supposedly she's talking to the hiring manager there again today for me.  Other than that, I'm constantly applying for jobs online, but really haven't had much of a response.
  • edited December 2011
    I told them I wanted to change my schedule and they asked me to wait a few weeks to start taking tuesdays off so they could train all the new people but they decided since I was available on Friday's now they could schedule me.

Too bad for them they worked me like a dog this week so they can't have me tonight.
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Well, let's see......So, this weekend I'm bartending at my church's Greek Festival all weekend.  Its huge and I look forward to it all year...I couldn't sleep last I was so excited!  A couple thousand people come and we have live music, professional dancers (which I used to be a part of) and lots of AMAZING food and drinks.  YUM-O!  Anyway, half day of work today and the FI and I are on our way!  He is thinking of converting to Orthodoxy and he volunteered to bartend at the festival too.  I'm excited for him to see the church outside of the typical services. 

Aside from that....we have been booking up weekends right and left.  Lots of Cubs game this summer and lots of friends and family visiting the city.  No vacations for us, but 3 weeks in Europe next year is getting us by!  

Wedding planning is going well.  We booked an AWESOME DJ this week and I'm really excited about the party now.  I have been excited about getting married and the ceremony but now I'm pumped for the reception!

That's all from me! :-)
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • edited December 2011
    That's a huge relief that you don't HAVE to move now :)
    imageimageimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    Loopy, I've felt out of the loop as well this week.

The house is as close to a done deal as it gets without us actually being closed.  We should be closed and have the keys in hand by this time next week.

DH has some more tests this week and then he is meeting with the cardiologist on Friday.  We should know something then. 

Jeter, that is some seriously good news!
  • edited December 2011
    Mutley I must have missed that, congrats! :-D
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    After our last house debacle, we are not counting our chickens until they hatch.  I will fully AW once we close. 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mutley, I can't wait to see more pics!

Aperitisa - I wish I could see the Cubs! I <3 Chicago. I've tried convincing FI we should move there for a few years, but I don't think it will happen.
  • edited December 2011
    Mutley, I look forward to the house AW post!!!

Regarding my suprise getaway:

My BF took me down to a little B&B on its own private island in the Florida Keys (about 1.5 hour drive from our place, so not bad).  We went to dinner at a restaurant that is RIGHT on the beach!  Amazing food, good wine, - we had ceviche for an appetizer, and coconut encrusted yellowtail with a mango salsa for me, and pineapple rice with pan seared jumbo scallops for him.  SOOOO good!  If anyone goes to the Florida Keys, you HAVE to eat at Morada Bay Cafe!

Then we stopped at a private beach off the main road and enjoyed the sunset together, which was sweet.

The B&B was on its own private island, and was really cute!  We had a huge room with a king sized bed (since he's 6'2", I love king sized beds as it means I get to spread out a bit).  They delivered a basket of breakfast goodies to our door, so we had breakfast in bed.  They also gave us fresh oranges and a juicer to make our own orange juich, which he smartly mixed with sparkling wine to make some awesome Mimosas.

The place had its own private beach, with hammocks and comfy lounge chairs and reclining outdoor beds.  We had a picnic with goat cheese and marmalade, hard salami slices, small dill pickles, olives, french bread, and bottles of Negra Modelo (one of our favorite beers).  Delish!

On the way back, we stopped at Morada Bay again for lunch since we loved it so much.  They have Mason jars that they fill with margaritas or rum runners.  YUMMY!  And we shared it and STILL got tipsy!  We chilled out and sobered up, then drove home.  Stopped at the fireworks store, and then went home.  After a light dinner when the sun went down, we had our own private fireworks show in our backyard.

Laughing  Really fantastic little getaway!  And made me all mushy for most of the week - stress from work has basically killed that glow now, as I have turned into an insomniac with my big event coming next week in London.  I leave tomorrow for London, and I had a dream last night that I had to get my car there so I missed my flight trying to find someone with a boat to take my car.  UGH!!!!  Doesn't take a lot to analyze that dream - I'm worried I'll forget things, or miss my flight.  STRESS!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Jeter - That's awesome that you don't have to move now! That must be a huge relief! Good luck on the job front.

Button- I really hope for you that in a few weeks you get more of a break and won't be working non stop anymore.

Aperitisa - That festival sounds like a lot of fun. I love Greek food! Do the  professional dancers do belly dancing or is that a different culture that does that?

Mutley - That's awesome that the house thing is appearing to be going well. I hope everything continues to go as planned. I also hope everything comes back fabulously after DH tests.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow Loopy! How did I not realize your wedding was only 2 weeks after mine!

How is everything going for you??
  • edited December 2011
    aperitisa - I am secretly a Cubs fan.  As you probably know, one isn't "allowed" to be both a St Louis Cardinals fan AND a Cubs fan.  I've always been a die-hard cards fan, but always had a love for the Cubs and Wrigley. Now FI, he is an INSANE Cards fan - before I moved down here I had to make a deal with him that he could burn all my Cubs gear LOL  He has, however, promised that he would come with me to see a game at Wrigley Field (probably next season) since it's something I've ALWAYS wanted to do.

kathleen - Yes..it is a big relief that we don't have to do it now - that was just way too overwhelming.  But I am looking forward to planning on it and being able to take time picking out our apartment.

Mutley - I sure hope the rest of the house process goes smoothly!  And I hope everything is okay with DH - that has to be a little bit scary Frown
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Cate - That getaway sounds fabulous! I'm glad it provided you with some (temporary) stress relieft. Sounds like it was much needed. Oh and have fun in London (if you can!) I'm kind of jealous as I would love to go to London sometime.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, that totally sounds like an amazing getaway catemeg!!  I'm totally jealous.  And I wish I would have known of that restaurant before I went down to the keys a couple weeks ago...
  • edited December 2011
    loopy - haha, no belly dancing.  Its the circle line dancing.....like they do in my big fat greek wedding...but with lots of traditional costumes and 100s of different dances. Very cool to see!

Katanne and Jeter - omg LOOOOOOVE the cubs.  We used to live 2 miles from Wrigley and it was great.  Now we are a little farther north but its a 9 minute train ride to the field.  Last summer we went to 16 games!  This summer we are only down to 6.   Haha FI bought my a ring instead of tickets...I'm totally ok with that! :-)  I've been to a few other stadiums and nothing compares to Wrigley. It has the best atmosphere....oooo and the best hotdogs!!!  Man, now my stomach is rumbling!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Kat - You probably didn't realize my wedding was 2 weeks after yours because I didn't have a ticker up until recently. I tried to once and couldn't figure it out, so I gave up. Everything is going pretty well for me. I do have an insanely long to - do list. With a portion of that is dependant upon other people. (Addresses! - I told one of the ushers if he didn't get me his address he is getting the vegetarian meal for dinner. He didn't want that, so hopefully he'll get his stinkin address to me.)

Most things are coming along well though. I'm scared that when it comes down to the week of the wedding I will be super crazy busy. Those darn cakeballs.....

I wish my family was like FIL's because then I wouldn't have been so stressed out. I wish my FIL's on everyone! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Cate, I want to go there.  Now.  That sounds amazing.  Big points for your BF.
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cate- Where in South Florida do you live?  We'll have to have another South FL get together this summer with you (oceana and rickylee are here as well)!

Jeter - That's great that you don't have to be in a hurry to find a new place.  Good luck with the job search!

I'm pretty upset about a couple things.  One of FI's friends (not super close, but he just visited us last weekend) was shot four times in the chest.  He's still in intensive care, but they are hopeful he will be okay.  Unfortunately, this isn't the first person he know's that been a victim of violence.

Also, the volcano near FMIL's house erupted last night or this morning.  I don't think many people were hurt, just a lot of ash.  And the airport is closed.

Obviously, I'm more concerned about his friend's health, but in the back of my mind I can't help wondering how my family will feel about these things in regards to the wedding.  I can't ask them to travel somewhere that's not safe.  Now I don't know what to do.
  • edited December 2011
    Aww Ana, that's terrible!  I'm glad FMIL is okay, and that FI's friend sounds like he'll be okay, but what a cruddy situation!!!

I'm in Miami - right between Brickell and Coral Gables.  Not too far from Ft. Lauderdale, and definitely up for a GTG sometime!  I'm new to the area - followed my boyfriend down who is a law student - so I'm still trying to make friends around here.
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_update-kat-mutley-oceana-catemeg-button-paige?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8538c728-cc80-415c-a1e5-27828121cee4Post:3fb487ef-83dd-4688-ae8b-b0bf908a4883">Re: Update? - Kat, Mutley, Oceana, Catemeg, Button, Paige</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aww Ana, that's terrible!  I'm glad FMIL is okay, and that FI's friend sounds like he'll be okay, but what a cruddy situation!!! I'm in Miami - right between Brickell and Coral Gables.  Not too far from Ft. Lauderdale, and definitely up for a GTG sometime!  I'm new to the area - followed my boyfriend down who is a law student - so I'm still trying to make friends around here.
    Posted by catemeg[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I'm pretty much in the same situation.  I came down here to be with FI and then I started school in Miami.  We live in Fort Lauderdale, though, and most people we know live in Miami, so I don't really get out much.  Once oceana is feeling better we should make plans!
  • loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Ana - sorry to hear about FI's friend. That is really scary.Hopefully by next year it will be more safe where you are travelling to.
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I don't have too much to update that anyone probably really cares about, but, this is memorial day weekend and it will be the first time since I was 2 that i have not been in our towns parade and in fact, they have no parade here and no one is having a BBQ. However, I convinced my brazilian lab mate to have a BBQ for memorial day even though the doesn't know what that is, so Im going to a BBQ with about 15 south americans, but if you have ever had a brazilian bbq you'd want to come too!

In other news, I finished analyzing my preliminary data and got a high correlation on a chomosome for the trait that I am studying in pigs!!! Now I am trying to decode this program I need to run the final analysis, and I don't speak computer so its not going well. Oh and I leave for CT in 11 weeks, that can't come fast enough
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

My parents just told me that they've decided to close on a house they've been trying to sell for about a year, but they need to pay $5k to do so. Which means they can't pay the photographer this month. So FI and I are trying to figure out how to pull together $2k in the next 2 weeks. Fun!

I also just found out that my MUA/hairstylist requires a 50% deposit. Since we have about 6 people getting hair/makeup done, that's $350. The plan was for everyone to pay for their own hair/makeup. (Which I am NOT requiring, of course. I just told all the females in the immediate families and my non-family BM that I was having someone come to me, so if they wanted to take advantage of her, to let me know and I could coordinate that. Everyone is totally fine paying themself for anything they elect to have done (hair, makeup or both.) So, I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do next. Pay the deposit myself and the total myself and have everyone pay me back? It's complicated b/c not everyone lives in the same place.

All this money stuff is stressing me out! I secretly suspect it's a ploy on my mother's part to get FI's family to pay for stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• loopy82loopy82 member
    edited December 2011
    Good luck Desert! I really hope and think everything will end up working out for you in the end.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woaaaah so much going on. 

FI and I liked the venue last night.  It's just been re-done so everything was sparkly and new.  They've got one more ballroom (the one we're interested in using) to do before next Spring.  I wasn't blown away but it was quite nice. We're chatting with a few others now and we're going to go look at them within the next few weeks.  

After we get to look at the other places we're interested in my notes and I are going to sit down and chat with my dad, who has graciouslly offered to chip in towards the venue/food/booze.  Dad, FI and I will figure out where to book from there. 

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards