Snarky Brides

Happy Wednesday!

Re: Happy Wednesday!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:b4bfa2f9-50a8-43f4-b0fe-bbabff044b40">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really liked Lost until the last season. Then it kind of got confusing and I heard so many theories on what was really happening that it turned into a blur.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

I still cant figure out what happened. And I watched all seasons!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • KD-I am on goodreads. I've looked up on his website ac/dc compared everything I've read so far. I think I've covered everything. JC- I loved the ODD Thomas stores. Theres another due out within a few months. They are also making the first into a movie.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • H and I recently started watching LOST after we borrowed the DVDs from our friends. I was hooked immediately, but the second season kind of lost me and I've dwindled in my interest. I know I should keep plugging on, but I just can't get it up for half the characters.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:6c034452-9c47-48d2-85cb-3e825f9064d5">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol nope! That show also made no sense and since I wasn't allowed to move or breathe or do anything that might make noise during it (adam watched it) I in turn hated and resented it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>ah. See I was a huge fan and it seemed like the kind of thing you might like.</div><div>
    </div><div>Mara: I had to read a lot of websites to keep up with what was going on. Not smart enough to catch all the details.</div>
  • Adam always said I should watch it but sometimes when I get it in it my head not to like something I will dig in my heels and refuse to budge. I'm ok not watching it. We have too many shows imo - we've been watching the entire series of friends and it takes up all of our time at the moment.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:2902b396-de45-4f17-a8ac-233525e7ee1c">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Krizzo I want to watch SAB but never got around to it.  I stick to SVU mostly.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I watched every episode of SVU, and I'm pretending last May was the series finale, because I refuse to acknowledge the show without Elliot, particularly since they didn't even get rid of him properly.

The first part of SAB is on Hulu (the episodes that aired over the summer)
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not awake enough yet to read through all of this but good morning.  I did watch Glee last night, and I loved it.  Any episode that starts out with Summer Lovin is ok by me. 

I'm nearly done reading Under the Tuscan Sun and it's been sheer determination alone that's gotten me this far.  Definitely not one I'll be reading again. 

• I don't know if Hulu has subtitles, but given that half the show (ok, not really half, but a fair amount) of the episodes are subtitled anyway for those of us who don't sign or lipread, I've got to imagine its out there somewhere with subtitles.

Dumb question - do subtitled movies for the hearing impaired re-subtitle parts that are subtitled on all movies? I hate when I'm watching a foreign movie, and they also subtitle something being said in English...it confuses me lol.
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Red Violin - one of my favorites. It's in a bunch of different languages, so they just subtitled the entire thing. I think Life is Beautiful also had this when the American soldiers arrive at the end.
    my read shelf:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:08242300-f745-490b-9dc0-45163b0c9c26">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]KD-I am on goodreads. I've looked up on his website ac/dc compared everything I've read so far. I think I've covered everything. JC- I loved the ODD Thomas stores. Theres another due out within a few months. They are also making the first into a movie.
    Posted by Y I Oughta[/QUOTE]

I loved the first two and the fourth one, but I felt like the third one was kind of reaching.  Like he was starting to run out of good ideas or something.  I'm not sure how I feel about them being made in to a movie.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • JC- I read 77 Shadow Street. I have mixed feelings about how the story played out but I liked it overall
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:ca9ae062-1c2b-40b9-9f67-a92b62f06b3f">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : I loved the first two and the fourth one, but I felt like the third one was kind of reaching.  Like he was starting to run out of good ideas or something.  I'm not sure how I feel about them being made in to a movie.
    Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I think the first will make a good movie but the rest might not. I wasn't too thrilled with the last one. Too much left unanswered. I want his Frankenstein series to be movies. I think they would be good. Even if they made one out of three books.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:95b5f2de-b1c4-4294-a826-9ea1fb3eccff">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not awake enough yet to read through all of this but good morning. <strong> I did watch Glee last night, and I loved it.</strong>  Any episode that starts out with Summer Lovin is ok by me.  I'm nearly done reading Under the Tuscan Sun and it's been sheer determination alone that's gotten me this far.  Definitely not one I'll be reading again. 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Ladies!

I also watched and loved Glee last night - it was so sweet. I definitely choked up at the proposal. Well, the first one lol  The second one I was like WTH?

We have orientation for new students at our school today - should be fun, but the last ones they made me speak to the group, and I'm not really good at that. I get all nervous and I giggle. It's a little ridiculous, and I'm sure it's painful to watch.

Have a great day all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:44be1847-8e12-4408-a3d5-420bf432a18a">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uugh ffs I feel sick. There was a staff meeting this morning (not including me - dift department) till 10:30, immediately after the owner and manager holed themselves up in the boardroom without coming out so I havnt been able to say I need a word. Fuuuuuuuuuuck..
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh Nebb. I am sorry. Don't feel sick, they could be talking about stuff completely unrelated to you. </div>
  • Megh, the book reads more like a guide book instead of novel to me and there's a couple chapters towards the end where I feel like someone else entirely is writing it.  I may still try a few recipes from it though.  :)

I still love Glee -  though I am glad they stopped with the Quinn story line they started off the season with. 

Nebb, does the manager have an admin you can check his schedule for the day with? 
  • Just the nerves of not being able to do it yet, its getting drawn out and the wait is killing me. I'm nervous to do it and this is just making it worse.
  • aww, Nebb I'm sorry. :(

Hi everyone else!  Work is kicking my ass again, so I probably won't be around much for awhile.  Also, it was 15 below this morning with the windchill.  Tomorrow morning is supposed to be 30 BELOW... and then it's going to be 35 ABOVE on Saturday. wtf.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:487d7898-d2d9-4569-9bff-cdead282a26c">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph, love the sig.  Why didn't I think of that?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

ha. I stole it from FB. :)
  • I know I am probably in the minority but I don't have a problem with stricter internet trafficing laws...stealing is stealing. I hate how difficult it is to explain to my students (and coworkers!) that just because someone puts something on the internet doesn't give the right to other people to take it and use it. The person who creates it owns it. 

Sorry, I just had to look up SOPA so now I know what it's about. But I know I am in the minority. I used to download music but now I insist on paying for it all, and I won't watch movies downloaded illegally either. Stealing is stealing is stealing in my eyes. 
  • Good morning!

I missed Glee last night, but Facebook spoiled it before the morning thread did.  Oh well.  I have it DVR'd, but the spring premiere of White Collar was more pressing.  :)

I'm sad today.  My best friend is newly engaged, to another friend of mine who she met at our wedding.  They're currently long distance and planning a long engagement since he still has a year and a half of school before he can even think about moving to the US.  (He's Canadian.)  I assumed they'd eventually get married in California, since that's where her family is from and she was pretty upset with her sister -- who is also engaged to a foreigner -- for contemplating a destination wedding, since travel would expensive and inconvenient for the entire family.  Come to find out, after months of angst over her sister's wedding choices, she's planning to get married in Rome. 

She's been my best friend for over half my life and I love her dearly, but I can't swing a trip to Europe next year.  Her FI told me that H and I "have" to be there, since we're the reason they met in the first place. I really, REALLY want to go -- but, come on.  H has been unemployed for eight months, and even though he's starting a new job on Monday, it will be part-time for the foreseeable future.  And we still have my own college debt to pay down!  There's no way we can afford it, even with a year and a half to save.

This is the first time in my entire life that I've been frustrated or hurt with my best friend -- we have never had so much as a fight -- and I feel guilty about it since this is supposed to be a happy time for her.  Sigh.
  • edited January 2012
    (I should add - I read the explanation for why people opposed the bill, I see that side of it too, I get the 'libery' side of it - to an extent. There has to be some way to punish not just those people who provide pirated content but also those who access it).
  • From my understanding though numbers, people who don't pirate or steal will also be affected, they can be shut down just for being loosely connected to a site that does or something. It is more far reaching than just downloading pirated music(etc) That said. Ima be pissed to have to start paying for shiit cause I download all of my music lol
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:f38f0e4e-e790-4747-b680-8ec6d02fcafd">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]From my understanding though numbers, <strong>people who don't pirate or steal will also be affected, they can be shut down just for being loosely connected to a site that does or something.</strong> It is more far reaching than just downloading pirated music(etc) That said. Ima be pissed to have to start paying for shiit cause I download all of my music lol
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I got that much from the website too. I get that the bill isn't perfect - I doubt any bill is perfect. And frankly, it doesn't directly affect me since I am not American but since the internet is kinda global it will inevitably affect me. And I love the internet as much as the next person but I feel as though some sort of legislation is needed and strict legislation because people are not worried enough about the current legislation that exists. Case and point: you still download music illegally. Were the consequences stricter you might not. </div>
  • Celles, I'd be upset too.  But, a lot can change in a year and half or more so couldn't there be a chance that their plans for a Rome wedding could change?  Maybe once they start actually looking into the logistics of it, they'll decide it's a no-go. 
  • Morning!
    I am also guilty of staying up all night reading, I just finished the hunger games last night in about 4 hrs start to finish. It was really good. My dads GF who is a school teacher gave it to me to read since her class reads it.

I loved the girl with the dragon tattoo series.

I am freezing and feel like I will never warm up again. Its like -45 here with the windchil and -36 C without. I usually don't mind the cold but this year I am having a lot of trouble with it.

Drunky of course called in again, the past two days the office has smelled like a night club so im glad I don't have to gag on her booze, smokes and unwashed body smell today.
    I hope this week goes by fast! Actually I hope all days until my transfer (mid feb) go by fast.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:e09fbdcf-c7e7-4d7c-ab48-4753ff391cbc">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I am probably in the minority but I don't have a problem with stricter internet trafficing laws...stealing is stealing. I hate how difficult it is to explain to my students (and coworkers!) that just because someone puts something on the internet doesn't give the right to other people to take it and use it. The person who creates it owns it.  Sorry, I just had to look up SOPA so now I know what it's about. But I know I am in the minority. I used to download music but now I insist on paying for it all, and I won't watch movies downloaded illegally either. Stealing is stealing is stealing in my eyes. 
    Posted by number55[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... You don't really know what you're talking about, do you?  It's hardly just about piracy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_happy-wednesday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c4d75472-7b9a-4802-a96e-a9fb73f65e37Post:1ca09912-db44-44c4-902d-119022f5de37">Re: Happy Wednesday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Happy Wednesday! : Yeah.... You don't really know what you're talking about, do you?  It's hardly just about piracy.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

<div>wow, that seems like an awfully rude response, how in the world do you know what I do and don't know about. I added a part in another post about how I went and read more from the website about the specific bill and I see that there are issues related to freedom of speech. However, I was sharing my feelings on piracy not the SOPA thing, which is why I said I had to go look it up to know more about the bill itself. The feelings I expressed were solely about piracy and people who believe that everything on the internet is 'free for the taking'.</div>
  • That's what I'm hoping, Girlie.  I promised to try to save (and I will!), but I'm being non-commital about our plans and kind of secretly hoping theirs will change between now and then.
  • Celles, I'm sorry, that sucks. Maybe something will work out and you'll be able to make it work, or like Girlie said, maybe they'll change their minds. 

I know with recent changes in the banking world, banks aren't offering the same rewards incentives and programs, but do you have a bank or CC that offers flyer points? If so maybe you could use your card from now until then to bulk up on the rewards points. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Numbers- the problem with SOPA and PIPA is that there is no due process.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards