North Carolina-Outer Banks

Happy Long Weekend!

What is everyone doing for Memorial Day Weekend? Anyone heading to the beach? I sure wish I was...Cool
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Happy Long Weekend!

• OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Yes we are any I am beyond ready to get outta here.  We are going to my brother's place in Carova and the "Gypsy Queen" you see in my sig will be making a rare appearance on the beach so I'm pretty sure my weekend will end up with me being in some sort of drunken stupor and rolling down the sand dunes, lol.  Ok well maybe not thaaaat bad but still a good time for sure :)

What are your plans Sarah?

• sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OBX you're weekend sounds FAB! Esp the rollling down the dunes drunk part lol!

I'm looking forward to some much needed R&R at home this weekend with my hunny. He works on pools for a living, so as you can imagine, this time of year he is super busy. He worked 7 days last week and til 9pm each night. Needless to say, we need some time together to just BE. On the upside, we may try and shop for his suit or our rings since we've got some extra cash right now from all his long overtime hours :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I love you hard Sarah....I really do Kiss

My SIL (the one I am seeing this weekend) owns a pool company so I know what you mean about the long hours....she is always so tired.  It's a tough job but I bet he is super tan and buff and all that stuff :)

There is nothing better than just having time with your honey....no matter what you are doing.  I hope you both have a wonderful weekend together. 

• mparwulskimparwulski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_happy-long-weekend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:598Discussion:96547925-abca-4878-839b-b8b0115a4104Post:e9f1bdf7-449d-4b1e-b60f-35cfd1971e4d">Happy Long Weekend!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is everyone doing for Memorial Day Weekend? Anyone heading to the beach? I sure wish I was...
    Posted by sarahebrown[/QUOTE]

Oh gosh, I wish I were going to the beach.  Just thankful for 3 days off and having FI fly in this weekend.  He's still living in Chicago and I'm in Denver.  And lots of sun and NO MORE RAIN.
  • edited December 2011
    We're staying close to home, cooking out with friends, and finishing wedding fan programs and taffy favors.  I'm also writing a million thank you notes for my work shower. 

Enjoy the long weekend, ladies!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • dwfangirldwfangirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying local too, hanging out with friends and heading to a Red Sox game on Monday night.  So psyched for the long weekend!  I think the highlight is going to be that my photographer is uploading my wedding photos in an online gallery today!!  I am dying to see them!  Hard to believe it's been a month since my wedding already!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards