Michigan-Grand Rapids

Ceremony/Reception venue ideas??

Hi everyone,

My fiancée and I are beginning our planning stage for our wedding. We live in Lansing, but because of my large family, we are having our wedding in Grand Rapids. While I'm very familiar with the city, I'm having a hard time thinking of places for our ceremony and reception just off google.

We would like to have our ceremony and reception in the same place if possible, so at first we thought of parks. But we didn't find many that had enclosed shelters that we liked.

So I'm wondering if any of you could help me out with ideas. We're expecting 100-150 people, and not looking to spend a lot of money. Under/close to $5,000. We'd also like to provide our own catering and bar/alcohol services. So this is a little tricky.

My sister was trying to tell me about a great building off the river, next to the Public Museum, but she couldn't remember the name and I couldn't find it anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony/Reception venue ideas??

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hm.  Well, I think that St. Cecilia's would be a good choice for you maybe.  $5000 is going to be tough for that many people....
  • edited December 2011
    Oh St. Cecilia's looks like a great place, and their room rental is what I'm looking for. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jwisser88jwisser88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I were looking for the same thing, a park in the Grand Rapids area. Then we started having a lot of difficulty with planning and accomodations, like shelter, bathrooms, full service catering.  Although its about 25 mins west of Grand Rapids, we're going with the Holiday Inn Waterfront in Spring Lake/Grand Haven. The have a great lawn out back overlooking the harbor. It's very deceiving from the outside, but the inside of the hotel is extremely nice (bathrooms are beautiful). They're very accomodating and offer discounts for Fridays, off season, and afternoons. We're doing a Friday afternoon outdoor ceremony and tented reception with full buffet for between $4000 and $5000+ the bar. You get the lawn all day and night. Also reassuring is their multiple banquet rooms that can be set up in case of bad weather. We just went a couple weeks ago to finish up some details and they gave us a free food tasting to choose our menu. WE WERE SHOCKED! The food was superb and definitely not what we would have ever gotten from a caterer. They definitely made my entire long distance wedding planning (I'm in the Detroit area and my fiance is currently stationed in California) a very pleasant experience.

Hope this could help you out. Check out their website: www.higrandhaven.com

• edited December 2011
    jwisser88 - Do you by chance know of a website that I can see pictures of other people's wedding at the Holiday Inn Waterfront in Spring Lake? Thanks :]
  • jwisser88jwisser88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to higrandhaven.com! Sorry to take so long responding. There's a few on the website but when we met with the wedding planner there she showed us an entire book of ideas from past weddings.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards