Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

I need suggestions Please!!!

I want to sign my maiden name one last time, and give it to my dad as part of the ceremony.

I am thinking right after he walks me down the aisle. What do your girls think? would that be a good time or some other time in the ceremony?

Also do you have any suggestions of wordings or poems they would be greatly apperciated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need suggestions Please!!!

• Options
    wifezilla on Wedding Woes is great at poems.  Go ask her on that board
  • Options
    Sorry.  It seems a bit contrived to me.  I guess if you know it would mean something to your dad, okay then.  But as a former MOB, I can tell you that my DH would have been "Um.....okay" if our DD had done that.

What would be far more lovely is a handwritten letter to him thanking him for bringing you to this place in your life, and telling him what he's meant to you.  As Stage said, that would mean so much more than some poem you lifted from the internet.  GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I hadn't even thought of writing him a letter. That is a good idea too.

Our ceremony is only like 15 people though so it isn't a super display of tackyness because it is so intimate. But a letter would work just as well i think.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it would just be kind of awkward logistically.  As a guest, I wouldn't know what to make of it.  Is she writing him a check?  Scribbling a note to pass to the DJ?  I think it would end up detracting from the ceremony rather than adding to it.  I definitely vote for the letter given in private.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    You could always incorporate a letter to your parents as part of your ceremony readings. Since it's very intimate, I think that would be really sweet. Then, you can give the letter to your dad a little later on. Then, he'll have the letter, and be able to remember that you made him a very special part of your day, apart from walking you down the isle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards