Missouri-St Louis

Florist Recommendation

I could really use a recommendation for a great florist who is not too expensive. My flower budget is around $1,000. I'd like to get as much as possible with that budget. (Although, I am realistic that it won't be a lot.) Any recommendations would be helpful!

Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Florist Recommendation

• ABM2010ABM2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Focus By Design, which is Schnucks.  We are very happy with them so far.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_florist-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:fbfbcf34-e42d-442d-9b5a-815ef813cd12Post:3dbd9e70-53d6-43f5-8a37-05b2b6113dc4">Re: Florist Recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Focus By Design, which is Schnucks.  We are very happy with them so far.
    Posted by ABM2010[/QUOTE]

<div>We used them as well- specifically Rosa- and our flowers were awesome.  I have some pics in my bio if you click on my name.</div>
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • leighinstlleighinstl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Did you go to a particular Schnucks location?
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You go to the Schnucks warehouse in Olivette (I think?).  We met with them but didn't use them, because they came in only about $100 less ($1800 vs $1700) than a proper florist who we ended up going with (Botanicals Design Studio on S. Grand by Tower Grove Park).
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • edited December 2011
    Doctabroccoli--LOVE your shoes!!
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_florist-recommendation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:87Discussion:fbfbcf34-e42d-442d-9b5a-815ef813cd12Post:ecdfe8cc-f298-473d-9195-d9e598107d18">Re: Florist Recommendation</a>:
    [QUOTE]Doctabroccoli--LOVE your shoes!!
    Posted by fam6[/QUOTE]

Thank you :).  My practical engineer side took over my girly side and won the battle of heels vs. flats.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • rubyiurubyiu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Belli Fiori, which is a florist on the Hill. It's a young gal who is engaged herself and I love her ideas! I went to Dierberg's too and liked BF better in personality and price.
    I twitter randomly about gardening, sustainable living, local restaurants, cooking and more. Follow me on Twitter at Sarah_STL
  • edited December 2011
    I am using The Crimson Petal. The woman's name is Kelly Jurotich. She completely understood what I wanted and she worked with my budget. Her website is http://www.thecrimsonpetal.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Also, my budget was the same as yours. I have 6 bridesmaids bouquets, my bouquet, 13 boutonnieres, and 8 corsages.
  • nikkicoco22nikkicoco22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used marry me flowers in Ofallon missouri. She did a great job on my fall themed flowers.

• edited December 2011

Beware of "Jill Springer" from Flower Depot. She took all the money in advance for my wedding flowers, but never delivered the flowers to my venue.  I had to walk down the aisle without the flowers. It was a bride's WORST nightmare.

She refused to answer the phone afterwards and I had to threaten to take her to court to even get a partial refund. She ruined my wedding - I would like to warn anyone considering to hire her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards