Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid presents :)

I finished my bridesmaid gifts today! What do you think (link to blog post below)?? What are your plans/what did you do for bridesmaid gifts?

Re: Bridesmaid presents :)

• Options
    Do they all use/like Bath and Body Works products? Is the jewelry something that is suited to their personal style and something they would wear outside of your wedding?

All my BMs were big wine drinkers, so I got each a bottle of her favorite wine nicely wrapped up, a hand-painted wine glass from Etsy and wrote each a nice letter.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I guess perhaps my original post made me sound cheap. But believe it or not, I took into account each girl's taste *before* I went into the store and knew what I wanted get them (based on their personalities and things I knew they would use) *before* I went shopping.

I know bath and body products are not everyone's cup of tea, but it's something I know these particular girls like.
  • Options
    Why are all the gifts themed around YOUR wedding colors?
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Bridesmaid presents ::[QUOTE]Why are all the gifts themed around YOUR wedding colors? Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]
    Ditto this.

• Options
    I think thats adorable! So unique to you and your girls! Great job and I love the personalized notes and colors!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_bridesmaid-presents-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:8c757428-fe20-49d5-9e46-4bd52b61be85Post:1d1b74c9-49e7-4f3f-8905-14f2d1d7c76b">Re: Bridesmaid presents :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do they all use/like Bath and Body Works products? Is the jewelry something that is suited to their personal style and something they would wear outside of your wedding? All my BMs were big wine drinkers, so I got each a bottle of her favorite wine nicely wrapped up, a hand-painted wine glass from Etsy and wrote each a nice letter.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

This is a GREAT idea - my bm's are all wine-o's and I have been having the toughest time with thinking of what to get them.  My bridal shower was wine tasting themed and everyone went home with a non-decorated glass with gourmet chocolates in them and my sister made adorable wine charms for each one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I didnt want to do what a lot of people do and buy them jewellery to wear for my  wedding, I actrually believe thats a cop-out.....  and then call that their gift,  so I bought their jewellery anyway,  and as their gift I bought personalised silver trinket boxes  with a lucky sixpence inside. 

I know they are not very expensive,  but in UK, it is usual for the bride to buy the bridesmaids dresses  and flowers,  jewellery  etc.....everything they need to look good on YOUR  day.....and I believe thats the way it should be really,  why should they be expected to pay for a dress they will never wear again, just for your wedding.......anyway,  that said,  thats why we just buy a token gift.  

If the girls had bought their dresses like the US  girls do, then I would have splashed out more.  
    maybe a spa treatment,  or a bottle of their favoutie perfume,  something personal to them,  not something for my wedding.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards