North Carolina
Options

Nicholas Sparks?

Anyone here read his books? I just read Save Haven and it was really good. 

I have read a lot of his books but they all started to have the same story line and then FMIL bought this for me for my birthday and I loved it. It is so different from what he usually writes.

So, if you don't read his books, what is your favorite book or series to read?

Besides Sparks, I am alllll about some Harry Potter :]

Re: Nicholas Sparks?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Nicholas Sparks' movies, haven't read the books.  

I did get really into the "Left Behind" series and bought all of the books in hardcover one-by-one when they came out.  

I love Harry Potter but didn't read the books.  I've bought all the movies and am waiting for movie #7 (part 1) to come out on DVD!

I am in the middle of reading Jack Canfield's "The Success Principles: How to get from where you are to where you want to be" and it is a really good read and inspiring, even for a motivational book.

As far as series go... I love Diana Gabaldon's books.  Of Snow and Ashes (or something like that) was really really good.  

Also loved The Mermaid Chair and the other book by that same author... the name has left me right now.  Both fantastic reads as far as fiction goes.

After I finish the Jack Canfield book, I'm going to read some Thomas Wolfe and then pull out my C.S. Lewis "Mere Christianity" book.  Hope to get those 2 read by February, and then plan to start Anna Karenina.  Weird, I haven't read it yet, but I started the first chapter over a year ago and put it down... now can't remember a THING!! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you know that Nicholas Sparks is from New Bern?  I haven't read anything of his though.

Click on "bookshelf" in my sig for all sorts of answers to your question.

I read a lot of historical fiction, and a bit of YA books.  I'm kind of in a slump right now where I haven't been able to finish anything I've started for the last 6 months.  I'm almost finished with one book right now, so I'm hoping that will break the cycle. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Off the top of my head I can't think which one I liked the most. When I first read his books I wasn't a big fan. But at that point I had only read two. I used to think it was silly how the characters always fell in love so quickly. Then I fell in love. Hehe.

BTW...he lives in a HUGE house. Yeah, I've driven by it once or twice. Ok, three times.
  • Options
    carolinagal78carolinagal78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Nicholas Sparks. He is my fav author. Me and my bff actually went to Cary when he was there for the Safe Haven book signing and I was able to get my book signed. I was so excited! He is very good looking.  I also like reading Mary Higgins Clark books. She writes murder mysterys.
    image 114 Made the cut!
    image 84 Are ready to celebrate! image 20 Are missing out! image 10 Don't understand RSVP?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've recently read a couple books by Barbara Delinsky. They were quite good. I'm also a big fan of V.C. Andrews, but her books are written by a ghost writer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Loveee all of Nicholas Sparks books, the ones that turn into movies are an added plus, although better to read it before seeing it.

I am actually reading a bridal quartet by Nora Roberts. If anyone is in need of a new read, these books are the best. The fourth one just came out so they are all available. Very appropriate as well considering they are all wedding related :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards