Florida-West Coast
Options

Venue is Booked! Not for me...

The Venue I really liked is booked for another couple on our wedding day, but all of the other Saturday's in the month are available.

Would you change your wedding date or find another location.  Has this happened to you and how did you handle it?  I'm torn ladies!

Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue is Booked! Not for me...

• Options

Have you sent out STDs or your invitations?  If not, I'd change the date.

• Options
    I always tell people to let the venue decide your date... I had to pick the only available Saturday in 2011 at my venue! Sometimes you have no choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Personally I would change the date. 
    I wanted our wedding to be on our anniversary, but weddings at the straz center in April are pretty hard to book, not to mention twice the money, because they have shows that are booked there. So we moved our date 2 months farther, into June.  I really loved the place, so I was willing to make the sacrifice. 
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great, great, great suggestions!

We have an appointment to talk with the manager and though my heart was set on the date we set, I cannot get that venue out of my mind!  I just think it's perfect really.

I have not yet sent out STD's so I'll take this as a sign!

Thanks ladies! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    IT WOULD DEPEND HOW MUCH HAVING YOUR WEDDING AT THAT VENUE MEANS TO YOU.  oR HOW MUCH THE DATW MEANS TO YOU
  • Options

Well, I ended up moving the date because we simply fell in love with the place and all the potential.  I didn't realize what a second look could do, and I'm glad we chose to move the date.

I guess its like buying a home, I just knew I could see myself happy and really enjoying the space with the right texture and touches!  Thanks so much for your great opinions!

Our new date is November 30, 2013!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds great!! Where did you book if you don't mind me asking??

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_venue-is-booked-not-for-me?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:a155882c-7a40-406b-9226-38076580d5e6Post:0fddb553-d9c4-4248-bfd4-7d2fc932a8ca">Re: Venue is Booked! Not for me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I ended up moving the date because we simply fell in love with the place and all the potential.  I didn't realize what a second look could do, and I'm glad we chose to move the date. I guess its like buying a home, I just knew I could see myself happy and really enjoying the space with the right texture and touches!  Thanks so much for your great opinions! Our new date is November 30, 2013!! 
    Posted by RumDiary[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We chose the St. Pete Women's Club on Snell Isle!  It's beautiful, perfect and so us! 

Now, we're undecided on where to have the ceremony...  in the garden or in th gazebo down the road!  We love both of them, but I like the gazebo best! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lechillura I PM'd you... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thats where i will be getting married on dec 22... where is the gazebo I didnt see it 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards