Ohio-Cincinnati

JMesa Photography?

Hi all,

I usually just stalk the boards for ideas but I need your help with a vendor recommendation I got through a co-worker. It's for a photographer, www.jmesaphotography.com is his site. It looks really legit so I just want your opinions on his work! I'm OK with spending a decent amount of $$$ on photography because I feel like that's the most important vendor of the day, so price isn't really the issue. Just want some other opinions! I've talked to him over the phone and is super nice and seems "young and hip" which I like...anyway, opinions please!

Thanks!!!!

Re: JMesa Photography?

• edited December 2011
    looks good but seems pricey. My budget was 2,000 for photography.

Is she newer? She has no reviews on weddingwire (that i saw), which seems odd.

If you really want to spend $ and have great pictures check out---
    Bluebird Photography
    JM Photography
    TM photography
    Neysa Ruhl
    Kortney Kate
    Steph Carson
    Leah Robbins

Goodluck! Photography is hard to pick, they all look so good!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah I saw that, too, but he has a bunch on his Google listing so he def has recommendations. I'll check the others out, too!
  • edited December 2011
    If you don't mind spending the money, check out Sherri Barber. She is our photographer and I love her. Her pictures are AMAZING and she's super fun. She really connects with you and it's never posey posey. She's definitely pricey though. She's the most expensive part of our wedding and we're perfectly ok with that.

http://www.sherri-barber.com/
  • tiffjjrtiffjjr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out Rachel Spears?
  • adv0118adv0118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes,I would check out Rachel Spears. I'm having her do our  wedding in April. She is reasonable! 
  • Kari1353Kari1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Sherri Barber!  I'm super excited for her to be shooting our wedding come October.
  • edited December 2011
    I think J Mesa is the husband of my wedding coordinator Linsay Mesa. She's amazing and his work looks great. I'd say go for a consult and decide for yourself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sheri barber is good too.

But it definitely doesnt hurt to go for a consult! I went to a million before picking mine! I did the same with florist!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks for the info! yes, he's Lindsey's husband. my co-worker is friends with her so that's how I got his info. i will let you all know how it goes :)
  • BrightFireflyBrightFirefly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking into Rachel Spears - I don't think her prices can be beat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Lisa Rice and she was reasonably priced. She is based out of Columbus but travels down this way regularly for e-pics and weddings. Her website it:
    http://lisaricephoto.com/

She was so sweet to work with and has a great eye!

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• andrearae0620andrearae0620 member
    edited December 2011
    rachel's prices can't be beat for what you get. i'm trying to get my 2 newly engaged friends to book with her before she realizes she should be charging more. LOL ;)
  • adv0118adv0118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes her prices are going up $150 soon!
  • andrearae0620andrearae0620 member
    edited December 2011
    they already did - but still 1650 is a great price. did you see she's having a boudoir event? i'm going to do it and i know she mentioned a couple of her other brides were. maybe we can all meet! LOL
  • adv0118adv0118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I did!!! I'm planning on doing it! I'm a little nervous about it. That would be nice to meet some other brides that are getting them taken.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards