Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Late night snacks

Are most people providing late night snacks?  Our DJ recommended having them, but I wasn't sure if that was something that's expected because when I mentioned it to my mother she thought it was really bizarre.

Re: Late night snacks

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of some people doing them if they plan on having a long reception. I don't think it's that common, but if say you're eating at 6pm and the party isn't over until midnight, you might consider having something to snack on. This also helps tone down the drinking so people aren't piling it on an empty stomach.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it depends how late you think people will stay. i'm having a small wedding and i don't think too many people will stay late so i don't think i'm having late night snacks. though often people serve their wedding cake later so guests will have something to snack on. i've been to weddings with late night snacks and not many people actually eat it. if you feel you want to provide something maybe some pizza would be nice but don't order too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You know, every time I get late night snacks, I'm usually not hungry because dinner has been so satisfying. Every wedding I've gone to that has a late night buffet always seems to end up with so much leftover food. But, it makes sense if your party is going until 1:00 am, and you served dinner at 7:00 or earlier.
  • Options
    jamiemarie33jamiemarie33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing late night snacks because our reception won't end until midnight, and i know our guests will be drinking heavily for several hours.  I'm realizing reading this thread that we probably won't need as much food as I thought, especially since many people would have gone home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    One venue we looked at did a late-night munchies menu. We had the choice of mini-burgers with fries and mini-pizzas. They were like passed hors d'ouevres. If you plan on doing it, I'd order for maybe 50-70% of your guest list, considering that some people will have left by then, and some may not be hungry.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiancé and I are known for our popcorn so we are just going to have a popcorn machine (one that's like at the movies) at the reception and have that available later on in the night. It fits with our personalities and it wont cost us anything because we are using the one from my dad's school. We think it will be fun for those partying later on.
  • Options
    Carissa6687Carissa6687 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been wondering about this too.....I think if you know the people there will be drinking, some late night snacks are a great idea! So many people go back to their hotels and order pizzas anyway....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards