Wedding Reception Forum

Need help finding inexpensive wedding venues in MA!!!

Hi Everyone -
I'm newly engaged and my fiance and I are trying really hard to find the most inexpensive wedding venue possible for our big day.  The problem is we have TONS of family so even just family would give us a 102 (only family we see very often, like I said HUGE FAMILY), so we're trying to keep it to 150 but also trying to do it for under $12000 if possible, please keep in mind that all our flowers & decorations are being "gifted" and my dress is not part of this budget.  Can anyone recommend an inexpensive place within Massachusetts (preferably North Shore or South Shore), Rhode Island, or VERY southern NH?

I know everyone is going to say "just do it on an 'off' night but we REALLY want Saturday night", time of year though is ideally early Spring (March & April) or Fall/Winter (late Oct, Nov & early Dec)

Re: Need help finding inexpensive wedding venues in MA!!!

• The only thing I can think of quickly is Arlington Town Hall, in Arlington, MA.  They have a gorgeous town hall that has a hall that you can rent for a reception.  I think it's fairly inexpensive.  I second that you should look into renting a VFW hallf or firehouse.  Do you have access to a house with a large backyard?  If you could do it in a backyard and just rent tables, tents, and such and maybe have a lunch or brunch instead of dinner (which can be more expensive), that would come in budget.  

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_need-help-finding-inexpensive-wedding-venues-in-ma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:abde4940-7e58-45bc-91b9-42338e45674bPost:6f052e21-4e0f-4d62-b4ca-48bb93358e28">Re: Need help finding inexpensive wedding venues in MA!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only thing I can think of quickly is Arlington Town Hall, in Arlington, MA.  They have a gorgeous town hall that has a hall that you can rent for a reception.  I think it's fairly inexpensive.  I second that you should look into renting a VFW hallf or firehouse.  Do you have access to a house with a large backyard?  If you could do it in a backyard and just rent tables, tents, and such and maybe have a lunch or brunch instead of dinner (which can be more expensive), that would come in budget.  
    Posted by melb2013[/QUOTE]

THE CORINTHIAN hall in Melrose Ma is very nice!
  • edited May 2012
    South shore, Norton country club. They can fit about 150-175 ppl and there prices are unbeatable. I'm getting married May 2013 there and Doreen is so helpful and nice. Yeah for 150 guests on a Saturday night we are paying under $13,000 for there package deal which includes cake, flowers, DJ, Limo, and overnight stay at a hotel for us. I'm not sure about no package prices but think they run you $25 ish per person. But definitely look it up.

http://nortoncountryclub.com/Wedding.htm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards