Kansas

Gift Registry/Honeymoon Fund

As far as our wedding registry goes, we were hoping to add something where guests could contribute to our honeymoon should they want to. We have a lot of guests coming from different areas of the country, and some that wont be able to make it at all. This seems like an easier option, and is a very practical one for us.

Has anyone done this? How did you word it? Was it on invitations/your website/etc? Is there a way to set it up on our personal website through here?

Also, what is the etiquette as far as how many stores to register at? We've discussed three (his choice, my choice, and our choice), but I feel like that is too many....

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
43image [Said yes!] 
16image [Are missing out!]
 16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
RSVP Date October 01

Re: Gift Registry/Honeymoon Fund

• We definitely wouldn't have that as our only registry, nor would we rely on it to fund the HM. It would just be there as an option since we have family traveling from both coasts who've expressed interest in doing something along those lines rather than traveling with a gift.

It's something that I've never seen done, so I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

75 [Invited] 
    43image [Said yes!] 
    16image [Are missing out!]
     16image [Can't find the mailbox] 
    RSVP Date October 01
  • Hello! We have decided to go with Honeyfund.com as our online registry, in addition to two traditional ones (high end and regular). The reason we chose HoneyFund (over other alternative I've seen like Honeymoonwishes.com) is that they don't charge you to use the service. 

With HoneyFund you aren't required to have the money go through them -- your items can be "vouched for" and a check/cash given to you in-personat the wedding. With some of the other services they charge up to a 4% processing fee, in addition to any Paypal fees if you choose to use that service as well. 

We have included a link to that registry on our wedding website, and will be mentioning it in an insert with our invitations just as if it was a normal retailer. (But then underneath all three saying for more details visit our website). We're thinking this can work out perfectly for us, as we also have a bunch of people traveling in from out of town, and cash for an experience on a honeymoon is 10x more personal than a giftcard or straight cash... but both travel well. :-)

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards