Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Walking down the aisle to God Gave me you....what about back down?

So, I am walking down the aisle to God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton.  I need help deciding what song the girls will walk down to and what will be the recessional song. Any help and suggestions are welcomed!
Anniversary

Re: Walking down the aisle to God Gave me you....what about back down?

• God Gave Me You is our first dance song :) Love that song!

We are walking back down the aisle to "I've Got You" by Thompson Square - the upbeat chorus works perfect for us. I don't care for the rest of the song, so just the chorus for me will do :)
  • I think I am going to use Kiss Me, Sixpence None The Richer for the recessional.
  • My friend used that for her September wedding.  There was a glitch in the cd (so use a professional, not a friend) and it played on the way back out too.

I want to use Green River Ordinance- Dancing Shoes for the way in, then If I Were A Carpenter by Johnny & June for the way out.  FI isn't too keen on the idea because everything in MT is so traditional, but I'm working on it.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_walking-down-aisle-god-gave-youwhat-back-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:d1c4e06d-f2ac-49a6-83a0-33acd7cf46aePost:78470dfa-e414-496f-8bd3-a071fb63e08e">Re: Walking down the aisle to God Gave me you....what about back down?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a very sweet song (God Gave Me You) but I was worried that it was too fast to use it to walk down the aisle to. What are you using for your first dance artjrf?
    Posted by kateguess22[/QUOTE]

<div>Our first dance song is When God Made You by Newsong and Natalie Grant</div>
    Anniversary
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    How many BMs do you have and how long is your aisle?  You can probably use God Gave Me You for the whole bridal party processional, it is probably long enough.

Personally I'd pick something upbeat and happy for on the way out (recessional) because you'll be smiling, people might be clapping, etc.

We used "Happy Together" by The Turtles.
  • we have four BM's and GM. The aisle..well I'm not entirely sure of an exact measurement, but it isn't very long.
    Anniversary
  • "Lost in this moment" by Big & Rich?
  • I'm thinking of using "Without You ft Usher" by David Guetta for the recessional.
  • edited January 2012
    We just picked our recessional song the other day - we're doing "Love and Marriage" by Frank Sinatra.
    I'm using the Vitamin String Quartet instrumentals for the processional - "Beautiful Day" by U2 for the BM's and "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt for me.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards