Not Engaged Yet

Home Sick

Last night I began to feel horrible and this morning even worse.  I caught the Bf's cold. :-(  My head was achy and I was so congested.  I took and advil cold and sinus and it's helping! I slept in this morning after calling out of work.  I am also taking some emergen-c.  So right now I'm online, and watching TV The Price is Right is on I loved this show growing up.............

So what do you do to feel better when sick or to kick your cold even faster?

Anniversary

Re: Home Sick

• edited December 2011
    I eat Ritz crackers with Swanson chicken broth and laze around my house in my underwear. Seriously it has to be Ritz and Swanson....probably the only time i'm picky about brands!

Hope you feel better soon danser!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Advil Cold & Sinus is my go-to!! I have the worst sinuses, I've already had surgery once but it wasn't a cure & I knew that but it definitely helped that's for sure. Anyways,  I still get infections & Advil C&S is the only thing that helps me.  Also make sure your tissues are the Puffs Plus with Lotion or something similar to keep the outside of your nose from cracking & getting super sore.  Sorry your sick & I hope you feel better!!!

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I like dry toast and ginger ale. It reminds me of when my mom used to take care of me. Then I take Nyquil to knock me the eff out :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited December 2011
    I usually sleep. I always feel better after a couple hour nap. Or just be lazy and watch bad daytime tv!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Defintely love the bad day time TV.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    I was hoping to get some ideas for my cold here too! But, alas, I have to work so none of the wonderful sleeping ideas will work for me :( Boo!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I use Aleve Cold & Sinus religiously. (it's not even called that anymore, but the pharmacy knows what I'm asking for)  It lasts twelve hours and doesn't make me high (I swear dayquil makes me high...) so it's a great remedy for when I still have to work. 

As a biology instructor, I send my students home if they're sick in class though (keeps me healthier and keeps my other students healthier).

AND, I make a killer chicken soup.  And drink about 20 thousand liters of OJ.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry your sick :(
    Drink OJ.  It is My mircle Max pill.  :D  Chicken noodle soup is pretty good too.  Mmmmm that makes me hungry for soup.....  Soup.....mmmmmm
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    *hugs* hope you feel better soon!!
    I sleep...and drink lots of water. I take mucinex and cough syrup. The mucinex will break things up, and the cough syrup will help you hack it out. :( Being sick = Big Suck
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_home-sick-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:da348452-3e39-4f5d-8f5a-fc7968b2d5d6Post:fbb9b14b-ebfb-4694-b177-d15e35f29c40">Re: Home Sick</a>:
    [QUOTE]I eat Ritz crackers with Swanson chicken broth and laze around my house in my underwear. Seriously it has to be Ritz and Swanson....probably the only time i'm picky about brands! Hope you feel better soon danser!
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

I'm picking about brands too...

I eat Stoffer's macaroni and cheese made in the oven.

I hope you fell better too!!

ETA: And I'm also home today....working...and watching Amsale Girls on WE. Have you seen this before? It's about a wedding dress botique I think.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely nyquil--but I only take it over night.  Otherwise, I lounge around, lay down, eat soup, and watch disney movies.
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I try to avoid taking anything unless I'm really congested and stuff isn't coming out anymore. Then I take Mucinex. Once in a while if I'm having trouble sleeping while sick, or if I have to be at work, I might take Day/Nyquil, but as PPs mentioned, I feel like that shiit makes me feel high so I try to avoid it.

I figure the body has its natural defense system and if I mess with it too much, I'll stay sick longer.

I also drink lots and lots of fluids, and take extra vitamin C and zinc. Sleep as much as I can.

Since I've started doing all the above, I think I recover more quickly from things and generally don't get quite as sick.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards