Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party

Hey everyone,
I am getting married Oct. 9th which is a Sunday before a holiday. My rehearsal and rehearsal dinner will be Saturday night and we are leaving Monday the day after the wedding for our honeymoon. My bridesmaids are starting to plan for the bachelorette party which they would like to have on the Friday night before the wedding because many of them will be traveling from far away. I like this idea because if we have it at another time many people may not be able to go. However, I am worried that everything being back to back is going to exhaust me. I don't mean to be a baby about the situation but I am wondering what other people think about having the party Friday night where everyone will be able to go vs. another night further in advance where only a few people would be able to go...

Re: Bachelorette Party

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My biggest concern, if I were you, is that I would be wildly hungover for the wedding.  Maybe they could do it Thursday night?  I would be exploring other options. 
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:fe9ed603-0df6-47a0-8c94-1793c2d66f0ePost:14f5ce95-8452-470d-94f2-ccedcad5b847">Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone, I am getting married Oct. 9th which is a Sunday before a holiday. My rehearsal and rehearsal dinner will be Saturday night and we are leaving Monday the day after the wedding for our honeymoon. My bridesmaids are starting to plan for the bachelorette party which they would like to have on the Friday night before the wedding because many of them will be traveling from far away. I like this idea because if we have it at another time many people may not be able to go. However, I am worried that everything being back to back is going to exhaust me. I don't mean to be a baby about the situation but I am wondering what other people think about having the party Friday night where everyone will be able to go vs. another night further in advance where only a few people would be able to go...
    Posted by coleb87[/QUOTE]
    Ok... so bachelorette party is to be on Friday, rehearsal and dinner is to be on Saturday and the wedding is to be on Sunday, with you guys leaving for your Honeymoon the day after on Monday? Do I have that straight?
    I would honestly worry about being too hungover for the rehearsal and for anything else you might have to do that day. Maybe instead of going all-out crazy, you can have a few drinks and get to bed before the magical coach turns back into a pumpkin?
  • edited December 2011
    I think it depends...what are they planning for the bachelorette party?  We did a wine tour on Wed for my b party, Thursday was the rehearsal/dinner and the wedding was Friday.  We didn't have to leave the next day, so you've got that one extra to think about, but we were all fine.  Of course, if you're planning on going crazy at the bars till all hours of the night, I'd consider having it another night.  If it is more important that more people are able to attend, then think about doing something more low key that Friday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • coleb87coleb87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone,
    The party is suppose to be low-key. We were going to go to the spa to get massages then dinner and then we were going to go to a comedy show. I doubt I will drink at all. We should be home by 12-12:30 the latest. I just know that besides all the previously mentioned events, I will probably have a million other little things to do right before the wedding. I don't want to wear myself out before the big day.
  • samnathawsamnathaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married October 15th.  Most of our guests are out of town as well.  We are having our bachelor/bachelorette parties on Thursday, rehearsal dinner Friday, Wedding Saturday, and leaving for our honeymoon Monday.  My bachelorette party will also be low key, a few close girl friends and my sisters and FI's sisters out to a nice dinner and maybe a bar afterwards.  I think we'll all be fine!
  • swtmel1121swtmel1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thursday seems to be a logical option!   That's the trouble that I'm currently having with my Bridesmaids also.  Everyone is in different cities, so we're going to try to have the b-party/gathering around the time of the showers.  Would this be an option?  Our wedding is Oct. 8th and showers are Aug 6,7th...for the b-party we're planning a mini spa day (massage or nails) and then commedy club at night.   I thought it was funny our plans seem so similiar!  Good luck and remember, you're the bride, you decide!!!

• coleb87coleb87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! Swtmel...that is too funny we are doing the same thing : ) I don't think I am having a shower though unless it is going to be a surprise because I kind of told my MOH and family I didn't really need/want one because my FI and I already have most of our household items and everything else we don't have is on our wedding registry. I think having it on Friday will be fine though. I will just have to make sure I get as much of the little things done in advance as possible. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards